New Flea & Tick Product.

Hi folks,

Was wondering if anyone has tried Bravecto chewable flea & tick preventive? It gives 3 months protection against fleas & 4 months against ticks. I'm loving the sound of this but like with anything new I'm unsure to try it as I can't seem to find any

reviews on it as yet.

Any thoughts or info greatly appreciated. TIA :)

I just read that they say it's safe for pregnant and lactating dogs, so that's pretty impressive! If they're willing to put that on the box, it must be fairly well tolerated?

I also read that it's been out for a while in Europe and has been well received there.

I know, when I read it's a 4 months tick preventive :thumbsup: I also read Dr. Katrina 'wonder dogs' fame is endorsing this product. Gosh if it's good enough for Flyn :laugh: Any reviews come back with nothing but glowing reports. Very tolerable with most dogs as well. Might have to give this one a go.

I just read that they say it's safe for pregnant and lactating dogs, so that's pretty impressive! If they're willing to put that on the box, it must be fairly well tolerated?

I also read that it's been out for a while in Europe and has been well received there.

I would be wary of using it on pregnant bitches. I read some pretty nasty reports (published by the company themselves) about all sorts of birth deformities etc during the testing phase. Not high enough incidence for them to have to declare "not suitable" but I wouldn't be prepared to risk it with my litters.

I know, when I read it's a 4 months tick preventive :thumbsup: I also read Dr. Katrina 'wonder dogs' fame is endorsing this product. Gosh if it's good enough for Flyn :laugh: Any reviews come back with nothing but glowing reports. Very tolerable with most dogs as well. Might have to give this one a go.

I love the power of celebrity marketing. There is no way in hell I would feed my dogs the food they are currently marketing. I know Kelly and her dogs quite well, but that doesn't mean I would give my dogs something just because Kelly is being paid to promote it :)

BC Crazy, I would steer clear of this with Stella. It is a neurotoxin and not safe for dogs with seizures.

Oh bugger Delta Charlie... when I posted this I thought of you. I wondered about Stella's tolerance to this product. I nearly pm'd you first but didn't want to take up your time.

Thanks for the heads up, again LOL.

I understand Kelly & Katrina are being paid to promote. I was just making a little light hearted joke. The convenience of quartely really appealed to me.

Majority of my USA friends , all with gundogs, are not prepared to use this product yet.

Their reasonings is the amount of time it is meant to be effective, and the fact that it's an oral prodcut used to deliver the method of removing fleas or ticks.

Their thoughts are they would prefer to wait for more reports etc.

It is interesting too that some of these people live in the South of the USA which is flea-paradise & in the Mid-West, tic-paradise.

My friend who breeds was not impressed with the gastro side effects for any of her dogs.

Saw another product at the pet store this week, an electronic tag called Mitey Shield and according to staff its supposed to be good for ticks, even paralysis ticks and fleas. Has anyone tried them or heard good or bad on them. They look expensive but if they beat paralysis ticks... I think I saw a price of $65 for the one for small dogs but can't be sure and don't know how long they work for, vague memory the staffer said four months but less for fleas maybe.

NexGard and Bravecto

Are you and your dog healthy and free of infectious diseases?

The new miracle cures NexGard and Bravecto have the potential to make you and your pets very sick in a short time!

Risk to humans and animals through new prevention agents ( NexGard and Bravecto )

If You Want to read the full article, click here ... ..

http://www.borrelios..._-Bravecto1.pdf

NexGard and Bravecto

Are you and your dog healthy and free of infectious diseases?

The new miracle cures NexGard and Bravecto have the potential to make you and your pets very sick in a short time!

Risk to humans and animals through new prevention agents ( NexGard and Bravecto )

If You Want to read the full article, click here ... ..

http://www.borrelios..._-Bravecto1.pdf

A per the other thread, I dont know who wrote that article but it was terrible. Very emotive, and the person is overtly bias against the two new products without any real data to back up their claims..

not an article that works for me. No scientific article should be full of exclamation points.

NexGard and Bravecto have no repellent, so they do not aim to deter parasites,therefore the risk of infection for humans and animals is increasing!laugh.gif right.