Medical Misconceptions

Steph M

Yea, as funny as these things are I would much rather people be overly cautious and take their dogs in for benign things than not take their dogs to the vet at all or until the very last minute.

Our Vets have always agreed with that attitude.

And their pockets have not always been lined with a consulation fee.

For me, Vet trust is a crucial part of animal ownership.

Yea, as much as people go on about vets and money, my vets have always been great, and often have waived consultation fees, not that I've ever asked.

A good vet is worth their weight in gold!

Edited by LisaCC

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My husband despairs at my need to rush my cat in over minor things. But...she was my first baby, and any rash, or infected claw, and she goes straight to the vets. Because with us she's feisty and won't let us look at potential problems, but get her to the vets and she freaks out and goes completely still, and can be easily examined.

Needless to say, when I found a lump in her neck she was at the vet the next day. It turned out just to be a swollen lymph node, probably due to some illness that the cat didn't even let on she had, but I was a worried cat mummy for around 72 hours. I will absolutely be the same with our new baby Lapphund and hubby will just have to deal with it.

Some of these stories are just hilarious, particularly the nipple stories :rofl: and oh to have been a fly on the wall when the Vet "invited the owner to take of his shirt, look at his chest and tell her what he saw" :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: