Black Russian Terrier.

Hi everyone; There is a Black Russian Terrier at the Animal Aid Protection Society in Keysborough Victoria.

He is one year old and listed as a ''Tchiorny Terrier''

He is only the second one i have ever seen in a shelter.

Anyone know of a BRT rescuer who could help this fella.?

We can't adopt from AAPS as we have entire dogs, have been knocked back twice. There is also a male Malinois there as well.

Thanks for the thoughts though, would snap him up otherwise!

We can't adopt from AAPS as we have entire dogs, have been knocked back twice. There is also a male Malinois there as well.

Thanks for the thoughts though, would snap him up otherwise!

what a joke that is, although it's certainly not funny.

BRT's or RBT's as they are now aren't a fluff ball for average Joe. Jeebus Christ they were developed as a working dog in what is very recent times in the dog world, they aren't exactly shrinking violets.

So they would rather this breed go to someone with no clue as long as they don't have an entire dog at home, other than someone who knows what they are doing? FFS.

Can you not just borrow someone else's home for a while :laugh:

Edited by juice

I alerted the breeder to this dog last week. The breeder immediately rang the shelter and was insulted and fobbed off by AAPS. I also told a family I know that owns a BRT but they are not in a position to adopt him. I would love to go and get him but AAPS have been incredibly difficult to talk to and won't work with rescue.

The breeder also offered to leave contact details with the shelter (even though this is not one of their dogs) so that the new owner could call for advice. Again he was fobbed off and was told that breeders are the reason there are so many dogs in rescue....

I alerted the breeder to this dog last week. The breeder immediately rang the shelter and was insulted and fobbed off by AAPS. I also told a family I know that owns a BRT but they are not in a position to adopt him. I would love to go and get him but AAPS have been incredibly difficult to talk to and won't work with rescue.

Someone needs to go in and adopt him and return him to the breeder - if the breeder will take him back?

What a stupid pound - breed rescue works well if they would only co-operate.....

I find this pound unbelievable. You'd think their top priority would be what's best for the dog. They should be rolling out the welcome mat for anyone that is interested in one if their dogs. Do they want homes for their dogs or don't they.

Wonder why they seem so difficult to deal with. None of their dogs will find good homes if they treat every potential adoptee with such arrogance.

Sure they have to be thorough & make sure the dog gets the right forever home but it sounds to me like potential adopters cant even get their foot in the door before they are turned somewhat abuptly away.

Sorry but I just don't get it. Nek, they won't let you adopt from them even though you have a tonne of experience because you have entire males? Yes & so what??? Got me buggered. What does that have to do with the price of fish.

Edited by BC Crazy

So they would rather this breed go to someone with no clue as long as they dont hae an etire dog at home,

Or have children or not at home with the dog 24/7 as appears to be past form with this shelter.

What stupidity.

I agree with the following, sounds like someone that 'ticks all their boxes' needs to go in and adopt him than hand him over to the breeder that offered or another breed expert.

Someone needs to go in and adopt him and return him to the breeder - if the breeder will take him back?

What a stupid pound - breed rescue works well if they would only co-operate.....

I find this pound unbelievable. You'd think their top priority would be what's best for the dog. They should be rolling out the welcome mat for anyone that is interested in one if their dogs. Do they want homes for their dogs or don't they.

Wonder why they seem so difficult to deal with. None of their dogs will find good homes if they treat every potential adoptee with such arrogance.

Sure they have to be thorough & make sure the dog gets the right forever home but it sounds to me like potential adopters cant even get their foot in the door before they are turned somewhat abuptly away.

Sorry but I just don't get it. Nek, they won't let you adopt from them even though you have a tonne of experience because you have entire males? Yes & so what??? Got me buggered. What does that have to do with the price of fish.

It's not a pound BC, it's a shelter.

When I was doing my little bit to rescue Rottweilers they did work with me but I had only desexed dogs at home.

I agree a Russian Black Terrier should only go to experienced people. Do we know exactly who the breeder of this dog is? Microchip?

I know a breeder has been contacted but has the person/breeder who bred this dog been contacted?

OK, not a pound. A shelter &??? If I am to believe what I read on this thread. It seems they really aren't being all that helpful to perspective adopters. I know nothing about BRT but the likes of experienced peps do. Some of which may very well be a forever loving home in the making. I thought that was there objective.

Edited by BC Crazy