Black Russian Terrier.

Cavnrott they won't give anyone any info about the dog.

Well that's not very helpful of them. Dogs are microchipped for a reason which seems to be escaping AAPS. I hope they don't make a big mistake with this dog.

It's always been their practise not to allow one of their dogs to go to a home where there are entire dogs so evidently they haven't had a change of heart.

I read those reviews and it looks like most were posted by young people who could do to learn some manners, to say nothing of spelling and grammar. They appeared to be more concerned about the mature age of the staff and volunteers than anything else. AAPS is busy, especially on weekends. They don't have the time to pander to the sense of entitlement those who feel it's their due. The ones who want the exclusive attention of a staff member so they can ask inane questions.

I read things have changed since I used to go there and evidently not for the better which is a shame because I think it's a good shelter and their priority is always the welfare of the animals.

Very much the kind of breed aka 'a lot of dog' that will bounce back to the shelter if they don't find someone with experience.

I'm not going to criticise their policies, they don't sound wholly different to others but it's a true shame there isn't a little wiggle room or at least better communication in order to open up a few more opportunities for a very special type of dog. Or any dog for that matter.

The difficulty in dealing with them is NOT unique by any means in pounds, shelters and rescues. It does make me wonder what's going on in there with the volunteers though. :( They sound completely frazzled and unable to cope with the heavy demands of an open shelter. Nor the changes in what the public expect from animal welfare workers.

& No undesexed dogs in the home policy is not unique either.

Oh and those reviews... LOL, charming.

I would just lie to get him out , can nobody just go and get him, surely someone near would fit the bill ? i wouldn't normally advocate fibbing, but really this calls for it.

If I could afford the interstate transport, I'd get him. It doesn't say if he's DA tho, and having admired these dogs for years - I know what a handful they can be. Ironically, I'm much more experienced with this type of dog than I am with my soft biddable boofa.

Sorry but I just don't get it. Nek, they won't let you adopt from them even though you have a tonne of experience because you have entire males? Yes & so what??? Got me buggered. What does that have to do with the price of fish.

I wanted a bitch (which of course would have been speyed) and had an entire bitch. I don't know what they expected me to do, rub them together and hope friction produced more Malinois... I will not lie to them. I will not take my own dog there (yes two Mals getting along immediately... what planet are they on) It is sad that this attitude exists because it's not for the dog. My aunty wanted a dog from there, she literally had to beg and sit next to the pen for hours at a time before they let her have the dog (which was a neurotic mess they didn't do anything with) which I think personally is degrading.

Good luck to them and their attitude. The BRT frankly should be returned to its breeder or to an experienced BRT breeder but it won't be. Sunshine, roses and lolly pop land.

I thought out of interest I'd go do some research on BRT's as I knew nothing about them. I was thinking Terriers, fast, sharp, small & smart. Well I was very wrong on the small part.

I had no idea they were used in military as well. Unusual looking dogs. Quite strong willed by all accounts.

He was adopted before we were allowed to see him. Hopefully to an experienced person. The Mal has also been adopted.

I just hope such dogs don't end up chained to an engine block in a yard somewhere as a 'watch dog'. :(

The BRT was created by the Soviet government. It was an all round working dog with good size, athletic, very good bite and would take on a crowd no problems in control situations.