Murray River Retrievers Being Misrepresented.

Recently our Murray River Curly Coated Retriever has been admitted to the Sporting Register. Interest in our breed has been brisk with close to 1000 members on our FB pages and membership of the Association growing.I am becoming increasingly concerned as a number of people coming to us have a Murray but were sold the pup as a oodle of some type. Often if we have a whelping date we can track who bred the pup. I am trying to educate our breeders and puppy buyers but I expect there will always be unscrupulous people who offer to take run on pups or take a number of pups at a discount then sell on at a substantial profit.

What else can I do to educate my community. How do you spot these people?

I am concerned for the pups, the Murray is an active and intelligent hunting dog, not a fluffy lap dog or a leave in the backyard and forget. Eventually these would come imto rescue but I would rather avoide that!

A few months back I saw a litter in a pet shop window and thought the same thing. Some idiot is going to buy those poor dogs and then what?

Months ago now so you've probably already seen half of them in rescue. Sigh.

Heart-breaking and how we ended up with those babies in rescue two years running. Still McKenzie's favourite breed ever. The day one can be shown she will want to be at the end of the lead. She was only talking about them today.