What's The Weirdest Thing Your Dog Has Eaten?

Following on from poor Molly the dog that ate kinetic sand...

I found the remnants of a long discarded Bratz doll yesterday afternoon. You all KNOW how I found it.

I'm pleased to say the hair and head remained intact thank Maude as I'm sure that would have been one interesting intestinal blockage. Her body (with platform ho heels still attached) was found carefully hidden under the pillow in Ernie's crate (I presume for later noms). My daughters haven't had Bratz dolls in 6 years. I have no idea where he's finding this stuff.

So that makes one Bratz doll head (makeup washed off with digestive juices); one plastic hair detangler brush (human); a pink Polly Pocket shoe and a little Lego Star Wars dude minus his light sword .

Ernie's anus must be made of steel.

So what's the oddest thing your dog has ever ingested?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We never did find the other TV remote battery... but I can guarantee it wasn't inside Trouble! What we DID find was a whole lot of gravel moving it's way through her digestive tract... lol! She used to chew up and swallow rocks, OK?

Pickles has a fetish for bedding,and the brighter the colour, the yummier it seems to be! Rainbow turds are an everyday occurrence here!

T.

A pin cushion... Pins and all.

I'd been making a crate cover and had put my pin cushion on the kitchen bench. I didn't think she could reach things on the bench at the time. It was one of the tomato shaped ones, and she obviously thought it was a ball for her! I got out of the shower to the insides all over my lounge room (sawdust) and bent pins everywhere.

I thought surely she couldn't have eaten any, but took her to the vet anyway. Sure enough, 6 pins came up on the xray. Had to wait for them to pass, and we all know that means inspecting poop :(

Almost ingested.

I tried using those puppy pads for toilet training but they kept having a great game ripping them to shreds. Another breeder said stick them to the floor with Blu Tac. 4 great big blobs of the stuff in each corner seemed to be doing the trick until I heard a weird whine & looked in to see one poor pup with its tiny mouth completely stuck together with Blu Tac.

Funny but could have been dangerous if I hadn't have been home.

Years ago Rottie Hondo went through the dog tight trash bin :p

the next day he was pooping and passed a corn cob :eek: After that the bin went at the side of the house away from dogs.

my dear Ryan Whippet got into my bubble gum one night so a mad dash to Baulkham Hills Emergency Vet thankfully he was OK.

A loaf of sourdough bread

Packet of strawberry and cream lollies

A whole slab of raw pastry

Raw chillies

A Boston bun (one of those huge iced buns from the bakery)

A tray of lamingtons

Donuts

She really likes baked goods :laugh:

Raw chillies

A tray of lamingtons

Donuts

That could only be Daisy...

Snap!

:D

Stussy ate so much inappropriate stuff for the first three years of her life that I took show and tell to work most weeks. Despite all her efforts she never needed surgery - my vet being more shocked than me given the kinds of things she would eat - wire baskets, metal bins, those curly low watt light bulbs, cd's and dvd's and the usual suspects like hands free phones, mobile phones and remote controls. I'm sure the hard bits in her tummy were buffered on their way through the bowel by all the stuffing she added to the mix - whole lounge suites, doonas, pillows, etc. I still don't own a doona cover with the bottom clips on it - she still eats them all off so the doonas can fall out and she can eat them while I shower. It's still her thing. She's also eaten a 2kg bag of almonds and a family sized block of fruit and nut chocolate and several jars of Vaseline - all at different sittings of course yet her bowel movements never altered (they just looked different!). She is now heading for 8 and we still don't leave stuff lying around where she can reach it. She has the stomach acid and bowel operation of a superhero!

One of my previous dogs tried to eat his way out of the laundry one night and had to pass a belly full of gyprock. By the time we found him some of it had dried on his face and he looked a little like The Joker with a weird twisted smile! This same boy once broke into a bag of kibble and ate several kilos all by himself. He looked pregnant!

Edited by Little Gifts

Raw chillies

A tray of lamingtons

Donuts

That could only be Daisy...

Snap!

:D

However did you guess!!! Lol she's a bloody criminal.

I once came across a mangled face looking up at me doing poo patrol. A piece of a sausage on a rope toy with weird faces. Tried to post an image but iPad says 'no.'

Edited by trinabean

A whole disposable nappy including poo inside :vomit: then we took him to the vet to induce vomiting and got a worried call to come have a look an hour later because there were some strange coloured flecks through it and they were worried he'd eaten a bait. Came back and was presented with a bag full of poo and nappy vomit and was able to reassure them that no, it's all ok but it appeared he had eaten a box of crayons as well...

Fairy lights....Who knew they'd be appealing to dogs?

Thankfully the light bulbs came out all in once piece. He must have plucked them off the wires like grapes and swallowed them whole like capsules. Naughty boy.

Sadly, my old German Shepherd ate 3kgs of rat bait and the plastic container it came in. It was on the top shelf of the tool cupboard and we have no idea how the old boy got up there. He was very old and full of cancer so we decided to let him go. The vet put him down on the back of the ute (his favourite place in the world) with me cuddling him before the poison took hold.

One of our dogs when I was growing up broke into the garden shed and ate most of a bag of dynamic lifter.

On another occasion she managed to break in and get to her bag of dry food.

Both resulted in expensive trips to the vet as they swelled in her stomach once she added some liquid to the mix. She would also steal dirty socks and undies out of the washing basket and regularly chewed the crotch out of undies :o

Otherwise, I've never really had a dog that was into chewing/eating things.

One did delight in "catching" the terrible spirits that invaded his back yard but only seemed to haunt the clothesline. I think he was about 8 or 9 before he stopped doing that. We certainly had lots of holey towels and doona covers for most of his life

My current dog drags his blanket all around the backyard, putting it in various sunny spots (or directly outside the back door so you trip over it when you open the door) but he doesn't chew it or cause any damage to it. The only damage I could say he does is very gradual, when he scruffs his inside blankets around making sure his bed is comfortable before he lies down in it - but the blankets still last years, so it isn't really damage, just general wear and tear I guess.

Maybe I should have had a dog that chewed things. The kids might have been a bit neater and not left their stuff lying around everywhere :laugh: