What's The Weirdest Thing Your Dog Has Eaten?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When Sonny was having his shunt surgery at about 10 months of age the vet said they noticed there was something in his stomach even though he had been fasted for surgery. Opened it up to find some milk bottle lids and chunks of foam from my mattress.

He also stole my wallet once, cards money and all. I looked everywhere for it couldn't find it, had to replace drivers license bank cards etc. Then about 6 months later I had to go into hospital for about a week, I came home and on my bed he had returned the chewed remains of my wallet. Not sure which bits had been ingested but at least he had left me some money lol!

Funny you say that, i just had to remove one of those styrofoam trays meat comes on from Deniki earlier who somehow was carrying one through the house. Thankfully not the absorbent piece!

And at lunch time today Henry decided to rip open a box and then the tube and consume the eye ointment inside embarrass.gif

Don't worry- called the poison control and he chose a good medicine to eat laugh.gif

I think these two are partners in crime, as Kokoda has never really eaten anything he shouldn't have- except cat biscuits biggrin.gif

ETA: had a lab that came in to work the other day who had eaten two of those green enviro shopping bags.

Nothing was in them. He just ate the bags..

Edited by denali

Hmm not sure I can remember them all, but most recently -

nearly 1kg of raw almonds, did not make them sick but their poos were well whole raw almonds for a good couple of days.

a green plastic frisbee, received from the vet clinic in a welcome pack, apparently was tastier than playing with it, has thrown some of it up but the rest has been pooped out, so lovely peppermint crisp looking poos :)

I am sorry for your loss Pepe001.

Malcolm finds Dynamic Lifter irresistible. I guess given that it contains blood & bone this isn't surprising. I don't use it in my garden for this reason, but he once ate a whole load that my Dad put down in his garden. Good grief the smell from that dog's mouth and the other end... Thankfully it didn't cause any issues, but he wasn't interested in a eating for a while, too full!

Another time he brazenly climbed onto their coffee table and made off with an entire wheel of peppercorn cheese. Cheese itself if not a strange thing to steal, but the peppercorn component had me perplexed given that there was also cheddar, a camembert and some other sort of cheese (probably a blue) on the same platter.

I also know a Labrador who once ate a full tub of margarine, a stick of butter and a whole loaf of bread in one sitting.

One of the family members had a staffy that ate an entire bag of blood and bone.

Also the same staffy ate all the kids Easter eggs one year.. Actually so did my other in-laws staffy..

Both staffies were completely fine!

dvds and cds

mirrors off my car(twice )

nemo (did poop scoop to find nemo looking at me. Was a magnet from the fridge )

Pink blankie (older dolers will remember that one )

Whole bbq chickens

anything in the bin

Pretty much anything within Reach. There are so many other things I know ive forgotten!

Edited by Teebs

I also know a Labrador who once ate a full tub of margarine, a stick of butter and a whole loaf of bread in one sitting.

*sigh* Ernie just ate:

- 600gms of roasted salted peanuts IN the ziplock bag. Yum.

- 1 pack of butter. Can't wait to see what that looks like every 40 minutes tonight

But:

He may be cured of helping himself to the bottom pantry shelf. Miss 15 put her snack time bag of wasabi peas and he ate about ¾ of them before he got Mr Squishy Face and bolted for the water bowl. When that didn't work, he did 4 laps of the house, stopping every few seconds to wipe his mouth with his paw. He then sulked in his bed when I couldn't comfort him as I was too busy wiping tears of laughter and yelling at Miss 12 to video tape it.

I don't think he's still forgiven me. He's in bed now, snorting and huffing and pointedly looking away when I look at him.

Being given shade by a dog - that's a first.

Hobbes ate a whole cow thigh bone in around 20 minutes once.

It gave him such a bad case of constipation that he had 4 enemas under anaesthetic and the vet thought they'd have to open him up. $1,500 later he was fine.

On another occasion, he managed to find a plastic bag full of dog treats so he ate the whole bag. I had to pull the bag out of his arse as he could not quite manage to squeeze it out.

ricey

My old Ridgey cross ate two disposable razors :eek: also half a tin of Berocca's tin and all. My flatmate that was living downstairs said he was bouncing around like a loon for hours so it certainly gave him the b b bounce as the ad says.

Stan can open the fridge so has demolished the entire contents, he's a bin raider so has eaten all types of things he shouldn't including plastic bags, those styrofoam meat trays denali was talking about including the absorbent piece, all types of crap but eating my wheat bag (the ones you heat up for pain) was pretty special. His poos were interesting to say the least O.o

*sigh* Ernie just ate:

- 600gms of roasted salted peanuts IN the ziplock bag. Yum.

- 1 pack of butter. Can't wait to see what that looks like every 40 minutes tonight

But:

He may be cured of helping himself to the bottom pantry shelf. Miss 15 put her snack time bag of wasabi peas and he ate about ¾ of them before he got Mr Squishy Face and bolted for the water bowl. When that didn't work, he did 4 laps of the house, stopping every few seconds to wipe his mouth with his paw. He then sulked in his bed when I couldn't comfort him as I was too busy wiping tears of laughter and yelling at Miss 12 to video tape it.

I don't think he's still forgiven me. He's in bed now, snorting and huffing and pointedly looking away when I look at him.

Being given shade by a dog - that's a first.

Ooooh ouch bet that hurt on the way out! And smelt all night laugh.gif

Weirdest - Erik likes to eat dried seaweed and the odd dried blue bottle off the beach. Kivi eats mud, and sometimes crunches on a mouthful of sand. Both eat bird seed if they get the chance. Kivi eats tissues provided they are used. Kivi found a seahorse on the beach a couple of weeks ago, and seemed willing to give that one a try.

Most dangerous - Kivi ended up in hospital after eating an unknown number of Neurofen pills. I don't even know where he found them. Erik ended up in hospital after swallowing a fish hook attached to 3m of fishing twine. That one was not even a week after he had a broken tooth extracted. It was an expensive week.

Recalled a Gabor special and a ZsaZsa gem....

Gabor was observed doing zoomies around the back yard trying to make contact with his own butt.

Finally managed to make contact & stop said zoomies. Observed what appeared to be string.

Nope, it was BACON RIND. Sighs, he had eaten an entire kilo bag of bacon over a couple of days.

He had hidden the spoils & dined on them when he rightly thought noone could see him. We let Nature work there.

:eek:

ZsaZsa was the Counter Surfer professional, Queen, Champion of stealing.

I had baked two trays of Hungarian cookies, with hazelnuts on one and walnuts on the other.

They were left on the counter, pushed back supposedly out of HER reach.

BitchGal scored BIG. She managed to eat the second row & fourth rows on each tray without disturbing anything.

:laugh:

Edited by VizslaMomma

Hazy did they sprout if you left them? Haha.

No but when he completely decimated my cherry tomatoes I had random tomato plants growing all over the yard.

I just mowed over them though, I wasn't going to eat those babies I knew where they'd been :laugh:

When I was in hospital Iggy Mum looked after my whippets. I warned her that they're couch surfers. She had to go out and checked her kitchen bench to make sure there was nothing for them to eat. When she came home she found they'd been up exploring, rifled through a bowl she'd had on the bench with papers, things like bills to pay etc. Unbeknown to her there was a packet of long forgotten unopened mint leaves down the bottom. The boys found it, dragged it onto the floor, ripped it open and licked all the sugar off the mint leaves and squashed them into her carpet.

Then of course there was the time that Puck got the 2 litre cask of olive oil, tore it open and spilt the entire contents onto my carpet. I wasn't covered by insurance because it was my dog who did it. If I'd lied and said the neighbours dog broke in and did it, I would have been covered. As it is, I had to rip up the carpet and I now have a concrete floor, still with a whopping olive oil stain. :laugh: I'm so glad I own the house, if I was renting I would have definitely lost my bond.

Hazy did they sprout if you left them? Haha.

No but when he completely decimated my cherry tomatoes I had random tomato plants growing all over the yard.

I just mowed over them though, I wasn't going to eat those babies I knew where they'd been :laugh:

I bet people would! There's that coffee that's been through the system...haha. And its a delicacy!

Edited by Steph M