A Farewell To My Boy, Boof

~Anne~

Much loved, dearly missed. You're now back together with Molly and Monte.

You were always my good boy and I miss you.

A final farewell to you, big fella.

The story of Boof

We drove several hours to where you were born on a property just outside Singleton at a place called Doyles Creek. For whatever reason I was drawn to you as you ran around our feet with your siblings. You were so cute.

With the exchange done, I placed you on my lap in the car and we headed back to Sydney. The day was an incredibly hot on in January and the air conditioning in the car blew up on the drive to meet you. The breeder kindly filled a bag with ice for you to lay on in the car.

From the first day we saw how eager to please you were. You were such a good boy and toilet training you was a breeze. You got into the usual puppy mischief... the rungs of every dining room chair still bears witness to your penchant for chewing wood while teething and for a good few years after!

You loved barking at birds and raiding handbags left within reach for lip gloss or lollies. Your quest to eat saw you, and your brothers in crime, eat packets of worming chews. It also saw you make yourself sick by gobbling a whole bag of lollies and stuffing yourself stupid when you got to a bag of kibble. You were so fat you waddled and did nothing but fart for days.

The first time you met with your killer you were only about 7 years old. We caught it very early and we thought we had conquered it for a few years. Then it came back and soon another type of killer began to invade you internally. Again we thought we caught them all. In March this year we learned that it was back and this time it would not be a battle we could win. You were given your sentence.

The tumours were growing so quickly. I was so worried for you. I couldn't bare to think of you in pain. On Saturday 2 May we gave you your wings. You let out a little cry and slipped away with me holding you.

I love you big fella.

post-3413-0-80858100-1431223888_thumb.jpg

post-3413-0-93074800-1431223904_thumb.jpg

Since losing Casper I have not been able to come into the "Rainbow Bridge" threads but when I saw Boof's name I just had to come and tell you how very sorry I am that he lost this huge battle. You both fought it so valiantly, although it is probably of little consolation to you right now.

I hope that in time you will only remember the good and healthy times of this remarkable dog's life.

Sending you big hugs Anne.

:hug: