Chilled Semen Transport Sa - Vic

Hi finding it Hard to find specific information in a search so asking (probably for the millionth time)

Who would you suggest to transport semen from Vic to SA

Can anyone give me prices on what you have paid

Sires on Ice i have is $210

Ive heard road transport (GTE ETC) Can be about $100 ???

When it comes to chilled or frozen semen it is wise to get it to it's destination as quick as you can eg flying it over, coming by road throws up all sorts of problems, road accidents the semen thaws out if frozen, chilled semen I would imagine would degrade somewhat coming by road.

$210 is a reasonable fee especially if it includes transport from the airport to the vet clinic.

I used Cryogenes years ago and I flew frozen semen over to Adelaide, not much has changed with the cost, I was not about to risk it coming by road as it was imported from the UK.

When it comes to chilled or frozen semen it is wise to get it to it's destination as quick as you can eg flying it over, coming by road throws up all sorts of problems, road accidents the semen thaws out if frozen, chilled semen I would imagine would degrade somewhat coming by road.

$210 is a reasonable fee especially if it includes transport from the airport to the vet clinic.

I used Cryogenes years ago and I flew frozen semen over to Adelaide, not much has changed with the cost, I was not about to risk it coming by road as it was imported from the UK.

Thanks for that, i dont see how frozen would thaw if in a proper canister??

I understand that problems can arise using road. chilled semen im under the understanding can last/live for up to 7 days ???

thanks