Oops. Johnny Depp's Dogs

persephone

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't think there would be quarantine requirements for going out, just coming in? What diseases do we have that the U.S. doesn't have (apart from the aforementioned bat ones which I don't believe dogs are tested for currently anyway)?

Eta if they were placed in quarantine they wouldn't be in contact with other quarantined animals either, that's the point of quarantine.

Edited by WoofnHoof

Customs and Quarantine doing a stella job protecting our borders once again...

Big man Barnaby needs his lips sewed shut to keep the crap from dribbling out. lol ....

And Johnny needs a better concierge or who ever handles these matters on his staff.

Some celebrities surround themselves with yes men and may not care what the law is if they want something bad enough. Not saying Johnny is but it does seem weird not a soul on the plane was unaware of quarantine laws entering a country? Possibly no one wanted to say to him you shouldn't be doing this??

Edited by Roova

Transferring them to a quarantine station would have meant huge risks to other animals. They would not have been allowed to step foot outside that house until they were on the way to the airport. They would have been quarantined at home, to ensure the safety of Australia, and it was much safer to keep them there than to transport to Melbourne.

It would also have been too big a risk to have them in a quarantine station. Dogs require 6 months of testing and multiple vaccinations for numerous diseases that we do not have in Australia, rabies, is simply the most well known. NO DOG is quarantined for rabies in Australia, if they are not both vaccinated and titre tested they are not allowed to enter. They cannot even book a spot in quarantine until proof of that is presented. And it cannot be any standard vet doing it.

While I do not dispute that most of the world is not aware of how strict Australia's quarantine laws are, fact is you cannot simply fly any dog anywhere in the world and do as you want. ALL countries have regulations and health requirements for bringing dogs into them, including the US. For the US I think it is simply a rabies vaccination, but the UK requires about 6 months of preparation, as the pet passport requires titre testing as well. But with the exception of the rabies vaccination, titre testing and a tick treatment, that is all the pet passport requires and everyone in Europe is fully aware of that, but most simply do titre tests all the time, as then the passport can basically remain up to date, just have to have the dog tick treated 72 hours before departure.

The assumption that most airlines allow dogs in the cabin of the aircraft it also wrong. Most do not. simply do a google search of different airlines and you will find it not that way at all. It is basically only the US that does and then it is only small dogs that can fit into a small cage that MUST REMAIN UNDER THE SEAT at all times. If you so much as move it or attempt to open it, then it can be taken from you, locked up somewhere else, the planes have at times made emergency landings and people have been bared from catching planes again. However they have very weak assistance dogs laws and so people pass of the dogs as supposed assistance dogs, but given the amount of so called assistance dogs they have had peeing and pooping in the isles that is currently being questioned. I am aware of at least 3 planes that have been forced to make emergency landings as the amount of dog poo, that was slimy and not able to be properly picked up had stuck to the carpet and no one could breathe.

I wonder what else comes in on private jets. :)

that's what's been concerning me too! :eek:

I saw this on FB today, I hope no one minds me posting it but it is somewhat ironic that these dogs came here without detection.

post-14871-0-72955800-1431870545_thumb.jpg

I have been trying to find the groomers FB page. Any links please??

Not sure how to link a Facebook page but it's Happy Dogz at Maudsland. I notice negative comments have all been deleted so it's just comments left saying the groomers have done nothing wrong.