Big Scare

Willowlane

12am last night and I had a sudden thought after reading the permit thread that Oh I wonder how many dogs my fiancee and I can have on our rental property in our council area. Went and had a look only to find we can have NIL!!!! due to our land area size....

I find this out the morning I am about to pick up our new puppy whose microchip papers of course go through council....we also already have a dog on the property!

Lucky I called council this morning (after a night of stress and no sleep) and it turns out it was an old act from 2003 and we can now have as many dogs as we want on the property :D

Thank goodness :D

Anyone else gotten in a sticky bind before?

It always pays to check with your council concerning anything with dogs. For instance Greyhounds are still required to be muzzled in public Australia wide unless they have passed green collar assessment but some council areas in QLD have relaxed the muzzle laws without testing. Always check regardless of what you read on the internet.

Willow if your profile is correct and you're in NSW, there's no pet limits within the whole state. Our legislation doesn't allow for it.

Individuals can be given an order under the local government limiting the animals in their care but that can really only be used in hoarding cases or where there is huge nuisance issues etc.

12am last night and I had a sudden thought after reading the permit thread that Oh I wonder how many dogs my fiancee and I can have on our rental property in our council area. Went and had a look only to find we can have NIL!!!! due to our land area size....

I find this out the morning I am about to pick up our new puppy whose microchip papers of course go through council....we also already have a dog on the property!

Lucky I called council this morning (after a night of stress and no sleep) and it turns out it was an old act from 2003 and we can now have as many dogs as we want on the property :D

Thank goodness :D

Anyone else gotten in a sticky bind before?

Just read through your post on the edge of my seat. So glad it's all good for you.