Ideas On What To Do?

Hi all,

So I have just taken a brief call at work and thought I'd heard it all.

A gentlemen called Peter has just rung me and asked if he could surrender a dog. I advised we were full but asked for more information (thinking I could help rehome etc etc).

He then proceeds to tell me that his girlfriend has been having sexual relations regularly with her? dog since she was 16 - he only just found out apparently - recently the second time he caught her the dog had entered her from the back end and got stuck for 20 minutes after they "tied" so much so that it ripped her behind when the dog was pulled out (large breed) and she had to go to hospital to see someone.

I won't go into detail any further because I am still honestly in shock and it is making me physically ill that I actually just heard the conversation I just did.

Honestly for the first time in ages I didn;t know what to say except asked him had he contacted the RSPCA and how far did he want to take this? He said he would try them and hung up.

After ideas on what I can do to help this poor mistreated dog, All I know is the guys name is Peter. He rang from a private number so number is not displayed.

My thoughts are ringing the RSPCA to see what they can do and also hospital explaining the situation so that they may trace it back to a female consistent with that type of injury recently and investigate.

Can police do a phone trace to my mobile? And would they?

Really other than calling RSPCA and hospital does anyone here have any ideas? I have very little to go on at all.

Honestly had I been prepared for the conversation and knew what was coming I would have agreed to take the dog and get it to the RSCPA.

Andrea.

Edited by Just Andrea

Hi all,

So I have just taken a brief call at work and thought I'd heard it all.

A gentlemen called Peter has just rung me and asked if he could surrender a dog. I advised we were full but asked for more information (thinking I could help rehome etc etc).

He then proceeds to tell me that his girlfriend has been having sexual relations regularly with her? dog since she was 16 - he only just found out apparently - recently the second time he caught her the dog had entered her from the back end and got stuck for 20 minutes after they "tied" so much so that it ripped her behind when the dog was pulled out (large breed) and she had to go to hospital to see someone.

I won't go into detail any further because I am still honestly in shock and it is making me physically ill that I actually just heard the conversation I just did.

Honestly for the first time in ages I didn;t know what to say except asked him had he contacted the RSPCA and how far did he want to take this? He said he would try them and hung up.

After ideas on what I can do to help this poor mistreated dog, All I know is the guys name is Peter. He rang from a private number so number is not displayed.

My thoughts are ringing the RSPCA to see what they can do and also hospital explaining the situation so that they may trace it back to a female consistent with that type of injury recently and investigate.

Can police do a phone trace to my mobile? And would they?

Really other than calling RSPCA and hospital does anyone here have any ideas? I have very little to go on at all.

Honestly had I been prepared for the conversation and knew what was coming I would have agreed to take the dog and get it to the RSCPA.

Andrea.

Sorry I think that perhaps you were being had. Actually I hope so. I have no other advice to give.

I certainly can't blame the guy for wanting/having a private number. Lots of people do... doesn't mean he wasn't serious.

I would treat it as 100% legitimate until convinced otherwise. Better safe than sorry.

Edited by Steph M

Without any details there probably isn't much you can do but you could always inform the RSPCA/Police and leave it in their hands re checking hospitals. Did he tell you what area they're in?

If it is true, and lets not pretend this stuff doesn't go on, it's very disturbing :(

If that was someone getting their jollies then I'm very sorry you had to experience that. My immediate thought was that it was bogus because a dogs penis is a lot smaller than a human's and I'm not sure it could get stuck in either hole. (I could of course be wrong.) And how old is the dog and the man if she has been doing it since she was 16 (ie is he a lot older than her? Has it been going on for years?) and he could've just said she was doing sexual things with her dog without giving you those kinds of intricate details. If he is genuine then he will ring the RSPCA. If not then I'd like to pull something stuck out of his anus too.

Edited to ask - do you have any idea of dog breed, suburb it might be located in and how recently this happened? Long shot but with this info you could always ring the police and tell them what you know in case the woman's injury was serious enough to require hospital attendance - they could identify her that way and ensure she got the help she needed and the dog went somewhere safe. And if this guy is a sick bastard and has rung other people with the same spiel then your info could lead police to him too.

Real life is often stranger than fiction but this one just feels iffy to me.

Edited by Little Gifts

I really do hope it's a load of crap and a wind-up.

The fact that he didn't call the rspca to either surrender the dog and/or tell his story to them first is a bit odd but who knows what's wrong with some people. There may actually be a dog belonging to his (ex) girlfriend that he'd like to part her from in a nasty (gross) revenge.

Seriously, if a normal person caught their partner once then there wouldn't be a twice!!! *vomit*

I really do hope it's a load of crap and a wind-up.

The fact that he didn't call the rspca to either surrender the dog and/or tell his story to them first is a bit odd but who knows what's wrong with some people. There may actually be a dog belonging to his (ex) girlfriend that he'd like to part her from in a nasty (gross) revenge.

Seriously, if a normal person caught their partner once then there wouldn't be a twice!!! *vomit*

What about that woman who was in court recently - QLD I think - after the police found damning evidence on her mobile phone - eek ...

Why would he ring you Andrea? seems odd that he didn't ring the RSPCA/Police but chose you at random, it could have been any group in Canberra I would think it was a hoax call, and why did he just hang up...seems very odd to me.

I'd leave well enough alone... you advised him to contact the RSPCA, and he said he would. Let him take it from there...

T.

Agreed, I'm not sure that this wasn't some sicko getting his kicks.

I think he is having you on;really why would anyone give such details over the phone knowing it is a crime.

If he wanted to surrender a dog he could do so at any shelter he chose without saying anything.

I'd leave well enough alone... you advised him to contact the RSPCA, and he said he would. Let him take it from there...

T.

I think he is having you on;really why would anyone give such details over the phone knowing it is a crime.

If he wanted to surrender a dog he could do so at any shelter he chose without saying anything.

Not if it isn't his dog to surrender...

T.

T.

T.

So why was he ringing a rescuer to take the dog;the whole thing is very odd.

What about that woman who was in court recently - QLD I think - after the police found damning evidence on her mobile phone - eek ...

Noooo :scared: I'm too scared to google!

T.

T.

So why was he ringing a rescuer to take the dog;the whole thing is very odd.

T is probably thinking of the granny who used to constantly attempt to surrender her adult daughter's fluffy dog to different rescues. It was weird and a bit of a mystery, but she was really determined. I can't remember exactly what the hell was going on, there were grandkids involved. She probably just kept on trying with her stories until she found a group who said yes.

(edit; the chip was in her daughter's name so taking the dog to the pound was only going to end in a phonecall to the real owner which I'm sure she found out from practical experience)

Edited by Powerlegs

I'd pass it on to police. I think it's fake and obviously a sicko getting his nuts off. So better mentioning it to the police. For all you know he has been ringing around a few different rescues with the same sick story. Guy has issues, let the police know. Why? Because if he does, the more info the better if he gets worse. He is no better than the freaks who ring random numbers and when they get a woman answer start talking dirty. :o

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Me, I think this is bullshit. But nothing humans do can surprise me so maybe it was ridgy didge.

If only we could ask the dog, we'd get the honest answer.

The cops won't be interested as they more than enough on their plate already.

ricey