I Miss You :(

Darien

Last Wednesday I lost the sunshine in my life, Kiska. We rescued her from Julie Grey through BCRA nearly 11 years ago when she was 3 years old, she was the most hyperactive Border I have ever had and had been taught no boundaries. Julie started teaching her manners and I continued when I brought her home. It was hard work and many was the time I was tempted to send her back, but she became the love of my life and soon learnt manners and that you don’t lay on top of children when they fall over :) She loved her kids, my grand children and her face would light up when she saw them come for a visit, but the kids tired out before she ever did :) Age slowed her down and arthritis in both her bag legs along with cruciate ligament problems, so our lovely long walks gradually became shorter walks down to the lake where she would plod a long at her own pace.Three months ago she was diagnosed with bladder cancer and we knew there was nothing we could do for her, but she has put up a grand fight, but it finally won and the decision was made.It will be dark for a long time and we will miss my beloved girl for ever. Rest in Peace now my Angel and play with Hamish again and know that I will always love you to the moon and back.

• 2 weeks later...

I am sorry for your loss. It is something that we dog people experience many times as we often make it to 85 years or so, but our canine companions are lucky to see out 15 years.

Just make sure your next companion's life is as special as you made Kiska's life and be proud of what you give them.

ricey

Edited by ricey