Renewal Of 16(D)

When I first did ours I applied to all the councils we could assist. It was a lot of paperwork and it didn't say anywhere that you just needed one council to approve you, DLG to gazette you, and that gives you a 16D to release from everywhere. So groups have just been applying that way. One council. :shrug: So do I bother with all the faffing around again?

That's so weird. :confused: I wonder why they are granting the single pound applications without specifying. Pounds don't seem to mind as long as you go in the gazette, except Campbelltown who asked for every 16D to apply to the general manager.

for example; I know without doubt; of one group rescuing from all of NSW because their small town granted them access. It took them about a week to get their stuff into the DLG.

AFAIK The clause isn't really needed if a pound makes an agreement with you, there's nothing to say they can't. But it's a pest to have to do all that paperwork again when it's seemingly unnecessary.

I actually rang them today and yes I need to go and get the letters again.

What a waste of a busy rescuer's time, I had no idea that it had to be repeated.

I'd like to think there are some rescue groups whose Clause 16D wouldn't be renewed because they do a crap job but I'm sure that won't happen .... sigh.

I actually spoke to somebody at a pound and that is why she said they want the letters again because some people have the clause but haven;t used it and don't actually rescue anymore so this is one way of removing them from the system.

I think as long as you have letters from the main pounds that is all that counts.

That's so weird. :confused: I wonder why they are granting the single pound applications without specifying. Pounds don't seem to mind as long as you go in the gazette, except Campbelltown who asked for every 16D to apply to the general manager.

for example; I know without doubt; of one group rescuing from all of NSW because their small town granted them access. It took them about a week to get their stuff into the DLG.

AFAIK The clause isn't really needed if a pound makes an agreement with you, there's nothing to say they can't. But it's a pest to have to do all that paperwork again when it's seemingly unnecessary.

It actually says on the clause paperwork that you can still rescue from any of the pounds "without" the approval from The DLG if you have an arrangement with each pound.