Living With Dogs

nyssel

I have always wondered this.

when we were researching our chosen breeds and such, of course there would be stressed and emphasised points on breed traits and activity levels, and while completely expecting certain breed traits there are very funny little quirky habits that you will only discover by having one!

From what I heard, certain breeds do have certain quirky habits that oddly enough do happen in a lot of dogs of that breed.

No one told me that Cavs would love eating grass so much, yet I have found by talking with other owners that their dogs do the same!

Edited by nyssel

The Rottie Lean. And their need to be close to you always or at the very least, in the same room.

Oh, and laying in front of the fridge, stove, bench or any other kitchen space you're trying to use. Causing you to have to step over them, step on them (they then move somewhere equally inconvenient), trip over or perform clever kitchen aerobics that would make Cirque de Soleil want you for their next featured performer

Luna grumbles and groans. I knew GSD's were talkers, but she's not just a back chatter, sometimes she sounds like a grumpy old man. If you roll over in bed and accidentally nudge her she groans like a person that you've tried to move while sleeping :eek:

I have always wondered this.

when we were researching our chosen breeds and such, of course there would be stressed and emphasised points on breed traits and activity levels, and while completely expecting certain breed traits there are very funny little quirky habits that you will only discover by having one!

From what I heard, certain breeds do have certain quirky habits that oddly enough do happen in a lot of dogs of that breed.

No one told me that Cavs would love eating grass so much, yet I have found by talking with other owners that their dogs do the same!

I didn't know it was a Cavalier thing but yes mine loves to graze on grass :)

Mine must be broken :shrug:

i have never seen them eat grass! And i have had 4 over the years.

When he feels sick Deniki will eat some bamboo leaves, but only the new growth laugh.gif

I'm still shocked at how much like sbt's shar pei can be. They love zoomies, bitey face, do full body wriggles of happiness, like to hold conversations with you, treat stairs like flight launching pads, give kisses and basically love their humans to pieces. I actually thought pei would be sloth like given all their wrinkles and skin but they can be very agile and playful. And naughty!

Both my Great Danes love/d waking the kids up in the morning, something that never interested my mastiff x. And both loved just being with the kids if they were upset.

Great Danes are also known for sitting on couches or laps like this, probably just because they can.

post-30376-0-25658300-1432875936_thumb.jpg

Both my Great Danes love/d waking the kids up in the morning, something that never interested my mastiff x. And both loved just being with the kids if they were upset.

Great Danes are also known for sitting on couches or laps like this, probably just because they can.

My Anatolian x sits like this all the time :laugh:

My Anatolian x sits like this all the time :laugh:

It's adorable isn't it!

Anyone who thinks dogs can't feel human-esque emotions is crackers! My dog feels joy, sadness, jealousy and pride just as much as the next person. And don't ask about sneakiness and spite...