Cowra Rescuers..is This True Or A Beat-Up?

There are no facilities for newly-whelped bitches, litters of baby pups, etc at the Pound. The Ranger could have his pick of volunteers should he choose to work with bona fide rescue...but he chooses not to do so. It would seem he sees the straying animals as rubbish along with the majority of Councillors here and many people in the town itself. My concerns include the total absence of bedding for the impounded animals, the total absence of food bowls and decent food for the animals, the utter lack of transparency relating not just to the impoundees but to the operation of the Pound itself, the utter lack of communication between the Ranger, Council and members of the public when it comes to both routine and emergency situations involving impounded, lost and missing animals. There is NO desire to de-sex before the animals are given away from the Pound (the ones that aren't shot and dumped, that is), and there is NO desire to work with accredited rescue groups. I really don't know how we can change things when even the RSPCA concluded there are no welfare issues to rectify.

By the way, there are NO animals at the Pound, and they were all removed very quickly after the story broke. Nobody is willing to announce what has happened to them. :cry:

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Cowra Pound Ranger will be working with Great Dane Rescue & Friends. The 'And Friends' program is an all-breeds rescue program run by a our new President, a Cowra local who has worked us for many years and is an outstanding rescuer with my full support as the outgoing President.

[email protected]

Sas - I don't mean to be picky but a foul-mouthed individual who took ONE pup from a litter at the pound and left the rest to die isn't a fine example of "rescue" in my humble opinion. :mad

You need to be better informed before you start making statements on a public forum.

Sas will they be working with breed specific rescues?

Sure, all rescues working together is logical and beneficial. But of course, those rescues have to have the same values i.e. desexing, vet work, safe behaviour etc. Technically they are a breed specific rescue with an offshoot 'And friends' program that looks after all-breeds from the Cowra and surrounding areas. There is no divide here between all breeds and breed specific that can sometimes be seen in rescue.

Edited by sas

Sas - I don't mean to be picky but a foul-mouthed individual who took ONE pup from a litter at the pound and left the rest to die isn't a fine example of "rescue" in my humble opinion. :mad

You need to be better informed before you start making statements on a public forum.

I think this is typical of an online forum by newbe members whose passion gets misguided.

Kylie actually took 3 pups out of the pound, those were the ones she was allowed to take. And you can bet she would have given you a serve after you accused her of not being a reputable rescue....what you write on FB is there for the world to see. Kylie wasn't President at the time she gave you that serve but I was and had I been in that group where you posted that I would have given you my own serve in a slightly different tone.

Not only did Kylie do full Vet work she also paid for the mother (not impounded) to be de-sexed....out of her own pocket. 1 of the pups had parvo and sadly didn't make it, another one broke its leg due to poor nutrition but you actually know this about the pups because she told you on FB - yes we know who you are.

I understand you're passionate and a newbe to this forum but I suggest if you want to have people work with you, you be the kind of person people want to work with instead of being accusatory and hostile. Sometimes you need to look at the bigger picture and consider what behaviour you need to portray now in order to reach that goal. I won't be commenting on the matter any further because I don't feel it is beneficial to the end cause.

Edited by sas

I guess when you haven't all the facts and you attack someone then you get a serve. Rescue is hard enough without getting attacked by wantabes.

I was at the end of the phone helping that individual who was pulling out all stops to try and rescue all the pups. I was online with her overnight as she tried to say the pup who ended up to have parvo.

I know what its like to PTS a pup that you have tried to save against the odds.

Frankly.... I know who I will stand beside. .....and at this point its not you country girl.

I am very well-informed. I don't make such statements lightly. I know how easily a rescue group's reputation can be ruined by people's actions as well as assumptions. I've been in the rescue world for a long time. Just because I'm new to the Cowra region doesn't mean I don't know what has been going on here; what troubles me is that it continues to go on despite people TRYING desperately to improve things for the pound animals.

My actions are never about me. My actions are about helping dogs in need and doing it properly. With integrity. For others to see genuine criticism as having a dig simply shows their inability to accept responsibility for their role in the situation. I'm not a newbie to either rescue or DOL. I don't make assumptions either. I work on what the people involved say and do. Sometimes they are their own worst enemy.

Edited by CountryGirl

I am very well-informed. I don't make such statements lightly. I know how easily a rescue group's reputation can be ruined by people's actions as well as assumptions. I've been in the rescue world for a long time. Just because I'm new to the Cowra region doesn't mean I don't know what has been going on here; what troubles me is that it continues to go on despite people TRYING desperately to improve things for the pound animals.

Sorry BUT you are certainly NOT well informed. Go take your nastiness elsewhere. You are trying to spread lies against an individual for reasons that escape me.

Until you have the facts I suggest you go play in the garden rather than trying to hurt someone who is doing good.

I'm sorry honey, but your information is more then a little wrong, you might like to check your sources. Three pups were rescued, so whomever told you it was one, was seriously mistaken. Being new to the area, you'd be less likely to know who might have the facts and who would be happy to give fiction. You're not going to win this argument seeing as you weren't actually at the pound when the pups were picked up, and you weren't at the vets when one died with Parvo. I migt even add you weren't at the house today to see the two remaining healthy pups.... so where did the "ONE" come from?

Oh - I've realised who Country Girl is - Lilysmum.

Enough said.

Has she started a new profile...??? Why would you do that?

Possibly to hide herself from the reputation that she had on this forum. Especially as Dog Horse Girl profile is still active.

Interesting she speaks of ethics - we all have long memories here and her actions around horses from the dogger sales sticks firmly in mind.

Skulking back on including introducing herself like a newbie did not go unnoticed by many.

Edited by Danois

I'm not making this personal. I'm simply discussing information that's public knowledge.

And heresay by the sounds of it.

Unless you can prove your allegations I suspect its time to direct some energy to offering help rather than dragging everything down.

A rescue being allowed in is a win, sheesh.

I'm not making this personal. I'm simply discussing information that's public knowledge.

Ahhhh .... except you are deliberately spreading MISINFORMATION....... stuff you have been informed is untrue by those who know....... and yet you continue...

Thats personal......