Cowra Rescuers..is This True Or A Beat-Up?

Oh - I've realised who Country Girl is - Lilysmum.

Enough said.

No offence but my memory is still pretty clear about the ongoing and prolonged suffering that Lily was subjected to resulting in DOlers offering to pay for vet bills because LM couldn't afford vet bills, people have very long memories so before they diss other rescues they should have a good hard look in their own closet

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I'm misinformed, then I got it direct from the source so how am I responsible for that? I'm repeating what was made public knowledge by the person involved.

I call 'bullshit' lol I have the original message from the post on facebook, and she categorically tells you that she rescued three dogs. Please, let this rest, you are only continuing to make a fool of yourself.

Edited by barkon

If I'm misinformed, then I got it direct from the source so how am I responsible for that? I'm repeating what was made public knowledge by the person involved.

I call 'bullshit' lol I have the original message from the post on facebook, and she categorically tells you that she rescued three dogs. Please, let this rest, you are only continuing to make a fool of yourself.

I've no idea what you're talking about there. You might have me confused with someone else. In that case, it would seem you're not alone from some of the other comments.

I've no idea what you're talking about there. You might have me confused with someone else. In that case, it would seem you're not alone from some of the other comments.

I also call bullshit.... what source......????

Huh?

I'm at a loss to understand some people. I think it's time for me to leave you all to play whatever "slap on the back" games I've interrupted. I'm going to focus on what's important to me. I know what goes on in the local community and the attitudes behind it. I also know I can't change it, so I focus on what I can do, which is rescue from further afield, support people who are making a real difference, and look after my own dogs and fosters.

I started this topic to find out if the petition that landed in my inbox was true.

it appears it was.

It also seems that there is going to be positive solutions (Sas's Rescue) so dogs in the Cowra area will have more chance to be re-homed and that Cowra residents may be able to instigate better pound solutions with the Council (not holding my breath here but it'll happen one day)

My topic question was not a venue for a disgruntled DOLer to start finger-pointing, I know that DOLers will believe the long-term members here rather than someone who has specifically posted to stir up trouble.

Perhaps we can get back to the topic and keep working for a good outcome for the pound dogs, they are the ones we are concerned about,

So, unless the newbie member pulls their head in I reckon that Troy will delete this topic and the Cowra pound dogs will be the ones to suffer.

Thank you

Sas will they be working with breed specific rescues?

Sure, all rescues working together is logical and beneficial. But of course, those rescues have to have the same values i.e. desexing, vet work, safe behaviour etc. Technically they are a breed specific rescue with an offshoot 'And friends' program that looks after all-breeds from the Cowra and surrounding areas. There is no divide here between all breeds and breed specific that can sometimes be seen in rescue.

Thanks Sas :)

Oh - I've realised who Country Girl is - Lilysmum.

Enough said.

Has she started a new profile...??? Why would you do that?

Possibly to hide herself from the reputation that she had on this forum. Especially as Dog Horse Girl profile is still active.

Interesting she speaks of ethics - we all have long memories here and her actions around horses from the dogger sales sticks firmly in mind.

Skulking back on including introducing herself like a newbie did not go unnoticed by many.

Ah! OMG :laugh: Love the born-again Dolers.

Madley, you're doing really well here :) Will send you an email, I'm not on FB.

I'm another really excited to see a rescue group with a sound history now able to work with this council. It's all about the animals and already there are dogs benefitting from the new relationship. Obviously GDR/SAS has been working behind the scenes during the recent social media campaign and they deserve a pat on the back for achieving (discreetly) what no-one else has.

Lets not eff it up for Kylie and GDR/SAS with he said she said stuff because it will be the animals who suffer when council closes the pound door in everyone's faces again. I suspect this is going to be a very transparent operation anyway and concerns can be raised constructively and responded to with facts. The changes might be small and hard fought right now but over time hopefully a good working relationship can be embedded so working with rescue is never again a dirty word at this pound and council.

I'm another really excited to see a rescue group with a sound history now able to work with this council. It's all about the animals and already there are dogs benefitting from the new relationship. Obviously GDR/SAS has been working behind the scenes during the recent social media campaign and they deserve a pat on the back for achieving (discreetly) what no-one else has.

Lets not eff it up for Kylie and GDR/SAS with he said she said stuff because it will be the animals who suffer when council closes the pound door in everyone's faces again. I suspect this is going to be a very transparent operation anyway and concerns can be raised constructively and responded to with facts. The changes might be small and hard fought right now but over time hopefully a good working relationship can be embedded so working with rescue is never again a dirty word at this pound and council.

It would be great if this group can succeed where others have not. My biggest concern is that the attitude behind the pound's operation is anything but pro-rescue and pro-welfare. When even the RSPCA has "investigated" and found nothing to complain about in terms of welfare, there's a problem. I and others have been asking for true and genuine transparency in the pound's operations. I don't live in Cowra shire, so my voice is pretty muted based on that - yet Cowra is my closest town and where I spend most of my time and money. Since I moved here, I've seen atrocious "management" of particular cases and inadequate responses from people claiming to be "rescuers". I did confuse Kylie with someone else and for that I can only offer an apology. There are lots of pretenders in the rescue community (as with most sectors of the community I guess), and sometimes they blur into each other. I am not a pretender and the people who actually know me, know that. If comments on social media and forums stop good people from continuing to rescue, I don't see how that helps. I can only imagine how empty some people's lives must be if trying to damage or destroy others is something to do for fun. I'm not having a dig at anyone specific here. If that were the case I would do so privately - and then I'd probably be condemned for not doing so in public. Damned if you do and damned if you don't. I'm in rescue for the dogs. That's my agenda.

It would be great if this group can succeed where others have not. My biggest concern is that the attitude behind the pound's operation is anything but pro-rescue and pro-welfare. When even the RSPCA has "investigated" and found nothing to complain about in terms of welfare, there's a problem. I and others have been asking for true and genuine transparency in the pound's operations. I don't live in Cowra shire, so my voice is pretty muted based on that - yet Cowra is my closest town and where I spend most of my time and money. Since I moved here, I've seen atrocious "management" of particular cases and inadequate responses from people claiming to be "rescuers". I did confuse Kylie with someone else and for that I can only offer an apology. There are lots of pretenders in the rescue community (as with most sectors of the community I guess), and sometimes they blur into each other. I am not a pretender and the people who actually know me, know that. If comments on social media and forums stop good people from continuing to rescue, I don't see how that helps. I can only imagine how empty some people's lives must be if trying to damage or destroy others is something to do for fun. I'm not having a dig at anyone specific here. If that were the case I would do so privately - and then I'd probably be condemned for not doing so in public. Damned if you do and damned if you don't. I'm in rescue for the dogs. That's my agenda.

Are you for real? You started a public pissing contest over a case of mistaken identity and make a bullshit statement about why people go around trying to destroy others when that is exactly what you were doing? I hope you have personally apologised to Kylie directly and I think you should also add an apology and explanation in the other thread so everyone is clear. This is exactly the kind of behaviour that stopped the council and ranger from wanting to work with rescue in the first place. Imagine if they had read these threads and pulled the plug on the idea for being too much of a hassle.

You may not agree with everything Kylie and her group might do at Cowra pound but she deserves your respect for being the only one to achieve something positive for the dogs out there.

:rofl:

Thank you for your reply, we are pleased to say our vet has been offering early desexing since we started working with them over 3 years ago with GDRR. We look forward to working with all the local rescues who hold the same values as we do in terms of ethical and responsible rescue and rehoming. Have a great day :)

:rofl:

:rofl: That quote is just too classic to make comment. Get that shovel ready, you're digging yourself a nice deep hole. And you can shovel something else of yours while you're at it.