Cowra Rescuers..is This True Or A Beat-Up?

I'm another really excited to see a rescue group with a sound history now able to work with this council. It's all about the animals and already there are dogs benefitting from the new relationship. Obviously GDR/SAS has been working behind the scenes during the recent social media campaign and they deserve a pat on the back for achieving (discreetly) what no-one else has.

Lets not eff it up for Kylie and GDR/SAS with he said she said stuff because it will be the animals who suffer when council closes the pound door in everyone's faces again. I suspect this is going to be a very transparent operation anyway and concerns can be raised constructively and responded to with facts. The changes might be small and hard fought right now but over time hopefully a good working relationship can be embedded so working with rescue is never again a dirty word at this pound and council.

It would be great if this group can succeed where others have not. My biggest concern is that the attitude behind the pound's operation is anything but pro-rescue and pro-welfare. When even the RSPCA has "investigated" and found nothing to complain about in terms of welfare, there's a problem. I and others have been asking for true and genuine transparency in the pound's operations. I don't live in Cowra shire, so my voice is pretty muted based on that - yet Cowra is my closest town and where I spend most of my time and money. Since I moved here, I've seen atrocious "management" of particular cases and inadequate responses from people claiming to be "rescuers". I did confuse Kylie with someone else and for that I can only offer an apology. There are lots of pretenders in the rescue community (as with most sectors of the community I guess), and sometimes they blur into each other. I am not a pretender and the people who actually know me, know that. If comments on social media and forums stop good people from continuing to rescue, I don't see how that helps. I can only imagine how empty some people's lives must be if trying to damage or destroy others is something to do for fun. I'm not having a dig at anyone specific here. If that were the case I would do so privately - and then I'd probably be condemned for not doing so in public. Damned if you do and damned if you don't. I'm in rescue for the dogs. That's my agenda.

:rofl:

:rofl: That quote is just too classic to make comment. Get that shovel ready, you're digging yourself a nice deep hole. And you can shovel something else of yours while you're at it.

I guess Countrygirl's comment about them not allowing "rescuers" in makes sense now. It seems the ranger there is not a complete idiot.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic