Gorgeous 3 Yr Old Male Black Lab At Rspca Yagoona Sydney

If anyone is looking for a gorgeous black male labrador youngster, there is this boy, Gizmo, located at RSPCA Yagoona, Sydney. Hopefully this gorgeous boy finds himself a home very soon.

Gizmo - 3 yr old black male Labrador

Labrador Rescue are aware of him and I am just trying to give him more visibility from their Facebook post about him.

What about the poor old 9 year old Lab also in Yagoona :(

http://adoptapet.com.au/animal/animalDetails.asp?animalType=3&state=2&searchTypeId=4&pagesize=15&task=view&tpage=6&searchType=4&animalid=430448

How can someone invest 3 years of their life with a dog and then give that dog up?

Unfortunately happens all the time at various ages for all sorts of reasons :( There are two 13 year old Lab girls, one with Labrador Rescue and one with Labradog Rescue looking for new homes :(

If anyone is looking for a gorgeous black male labrador youngster, there is this boy, Gizmo, located at RSPCA Yagoona, Sydney. Hopefully this gorgeous boy finds himself a home very soon.

Labrador Rescue are aware of him and I am just trying to give him more visibility from their Facebook post about him.

http://adoptapet.com.au/animal/animalDetails.asp?animalType=3&state=2&searchTypeId=4&pagesize=15&task=view&tpage=6&searchType=4&animalid=430448

Poor girl, I didn't know about her being there as well :( as Lab Rescue only posted about Gizmo on Facebook, so I was essentially giving him an extra plug. I will check to see if both Lab rescues know about Simba.

How can someone invest 3 years of their life with a dog and then give that dog up?

Unfortunately happens all the time at various ages for all sorts of reasons :( There are two 13 year old Lab girls, one with Labrador Rescue and one with Labradog Rescue looking for new homes :(

Poor girl, I didn't know about her being there as well :( as Lab Rescue only posted about Gizmo on Facebook, so I was essentially giving him an extra plug. I will check to see if both Lab rescues know about Simba.

Thanks. I don't think Yagoona work with rescue though do they? :/ I know my RSPCA back home in Somersby do, I wish they all would :(

Thanks. I don't think Yagoona work with rescue though do they? :/ I know my RSPCA back home in Somersby do, I wish they all would :(

I contacted Labrador Rescue and they advised if a Lab passes the RSPCA test, then the Lab will be rehomed by RSPCA. If a Lab doesn't pass their test, then they will normally contact Labrador Rescue or Labradog Rescue about taking on the Lab. I have seen some of these RSPCA failed Labs in Labradog/Labrador Rescue's care and more often than not they were just very stressed in the Pound type environment and flourised when moved into care with one of the two dedicated Labrador Rescues. Labrador Rescue will give some of these RSPCA Labs a plug on their facebook page as well to help increase their chances of adoption. I did include the link to this gorgeous girl in the post on Gizmo on Labrador Rescue's Facebook page, so hopefully that will give her a bit more visibility as well.

Edited by labadore

I have seen some of these RSPCA failed Labs in Labradog/Labrador Rescue's care and more often than not they were just very stressed in the Pound type environment and flourised when moved into care with one of the two dedicated Labrador Rescues.

Glad you brought up this issue. There's loads of research which shows even the best of pound/shelter environments are stressful for dogs (not least of which they've often just been snatched away from the security of a home & their 'people'). In other words, it's within the normal range of expected consequences for some dogs to feel very stressed in that particular environment. And that's what a so-called 'temperament' test will be recording .... the consequences of stress.

But at least that shelter seems to give the labs a second chance to move into a more home-like & less stressful environment so they can be tested again. Not surprised that the majority then came thro' fine. Sadly there must be other pounds/shelters who don't allow for that.

I have seen some of these RSPCA failed Labs in Labradog/Labrador Rescue's care and more often than not they were just very stressed in the Pound type environment and flourised when moved into care with one of the two dedicated Labrador Rescues.

Glad you brought up this issue. There's loads of research which shows even the best of pound/shelter environments are stressful for dogs (not least of which they've often just been snatched away from the security of a home & their 'people'). In other words, it's within the normal range of expected consequences for some dogs to feel very stressed in that particular environment. And that's what a so-called 'temperament' test will be recording .... the consequences of stress.

But at least that shelter seems to give the labs a second chance to move into a more home-like & less stressful environment so they can be tested again. Not surprised that the majority then came thro' fine. Sadly there must be other pounds/shelters who don't allow for that.

Yes luckily the Labs that do find themselves in Yagoona do have a second chance with the dedicated Lab Rescues if they fail the RSPCA temp tests. So many other poor souls are not that lucky :( A pound environment is a very scary place for many dogs who have had their lives turned upside down when they find themselves in a pound environment and obviously so many of them will fail the temp tests due to the high levels of stress. I don't know what type of temp tests the RSPCA uses and whether any of the temp tests conducted by any pounds/shelters factor in the high levels of stress.

The little fella labelled TibbieX has been adopted, too. :) I'd eat my hat if he's not a purebred. I posted on the AWL Facebook page that I hope his new owners know he might be a full Tibetan Spaniel.... with the breed traits. Suggested they might like to look up a reputable source to find out the typical, & unusual, behaviours.

So glad the Lab boy is safe now!