New Gap Greyhound

rugerfly

Just got Winky yeaterday, a 2 year old GAP greyhound rehome. She is so so sweet. I cant remember how to attach photos though.

it is so nice to have a dog in the house again. They are just so different to GSPs..

anyone else got Greys?

Just got Winky yeaterday, a 2 year old GAP greyhound rehome. She is so so sweet. I cant remember how to attach photos though.

it is so nice to have a dog in the house again. They are just so different to GSPs..

anyone else got Greys?

Have you a big lounge? Winky should enjoy lying on that.

Wonderful news, rugerfly.

:heart:

Sqqqqqqquuuuueeeee. I just saw the photo... Simply gorgeous xxx

Edited by VizslaMomma

I have two greys, down from four after saying goodbye to our two oldies last year.

I honestly couldn't imagine not having at least a couple of greys around. You get so used to how easy they are to have in the house and everything else just seems.. too chunky or active or loud or hairy. I think some people have difficulty dealing with the reality of prey drive but personally, it doesn't bother me. All dogs are predators, greys just have a more developed drive (or more natural drive, it could be argued, given prey drive was heavily modified or bred out of many breeds) and like other breed traits, it needs to be managed appropriately.

Winky is gorgeous. Good on you deciding to adopt a GAP-assessed greyhound.

I used to see, up close, the small dog testing of GAP greyhounds & I could cheerfully have taken home each grey. Beautiful, sensible, calm dogs, who were so gently affectionate.

Winky is gorgeous!

As to rest of you - STOP IT!! I just love them but I can't even think about a new dog until the house is finished and Mac goes to God - and the way he keeps bouncing back that won't be any time soon!! But I really really want one....:laugh:

anyone else got Greys?

Prepare to be inundated :laugh:

post-6729-0-01676700-1433384898_thumb.jpg

This is the beautiful Rachel who joined our little family a few weeks ago. She is a real sweetie and she and her whippet sister Leah are getting along famously.

Its lovely to have a greyhound in the house again.!

This is the beautiful Rachel who joined our little family a few weeks ago. She is a real sweetie and she and her whippet sister Leah are getting along famously.

Oh she's boodiful Trish!

That's wonderful you have another grey :)

Oh my! Oh my! Such a beautiful gal! Just super to hear.

:flower:

Had a chat with a neighbour while out walking yesterday - a lady I generally see only to wave at, but she was waiting for her husband to back the car out so we had the opportunity to chat. Naturally she asked my how my little tribe was getting on and then told me that her daughter had just adopted a GAP girl who was absolutely lovely, had her little [sic] green collar, etc :) :) Forgotten the doggy's name now, because I did ask in case she was known to anyone here; if I see her again to talk to, I will ask again.