Darling 9 Yr Old Yellow Labrador Girl In Rspca Yagoona

This gorgeous yellow Lab girl was mentioned in the thread I started about the gorgeous 3 year old black Lab boy in RSPCA Yagoona, so I thought I would start a separate thread for her to give her more visibility. She has been on my mind a lot especially now that winter has hit with a vengeance :( and at 9 years of age she should be inside on a nice warm bed as a pampered pooch instead of being in her current situation of a pound environment looking for a new home. She is listed as Lab cross, but once you click on link below to view her profile, then click on her pic to get a closeup of her you will she looks all Lab, I cannot see any mix in her whatsoever.

9 yr old yellow Labrador girl

I am hoping there is someone out there that is in a position to give this gorgeous girl a home. I will probably ring RSPCA to check if there has been any interest in her and the 3 yr old black Lab boy.

I rang RSPCA this morning about this gorgeous girl and also Gizmo the black Lab youngster. It appears that Gizmo is safe with Rescue but this girl, Simba is still looking for a home. I spoke with RSPCA about listing this girl as a Lab cross as she definately appears 100% Lab and they explained that unless they have papers to indicate they are a purebred Labrador, then they will be listed as a cross, which is what has obviously happened in this girl's case.

Papers aside, I say this girl is 100% Lab. Anyway she needs a home and having adopted seniors before, I say to anyone please don't discount adopting a senior and especially a Labrador, as my past 9 year old Labs have been pretty active and in great shape and one of my 9 year olds used to give the youngster a run for their money. :laugh: Also please don't think that you may not have a senior long as the two senior boys I adopted in the past at 10 years of age lived to 15yrs and 15yrs 8months old respectively and were two of the easiest Labs I have had the pleasure of owning and loved their daily walks and retrieving right up to the last couple of weeks of their lives. I was also reading on one of the Lab rescue facebook pages the other day that a Lab adopted a couple of years ago celebrated his 16th birthday a couple of days ago :thumbsup:

Hopefully there is a compassionate loving family/person that will give this gorgeous girl a wonderful forever home and I know from past experience, that she will repay you tenfold. :)

Edited by labadore

The RSPCA almost always list greyhounds as crosses for some reason when it's obvious they are not.

I have no idea why they do that :/

I thought it was so that the dogs were not subject to muzzling laws being "crosses". Could be wrong though.

The RSPCA almost always list greyhounds as crosses for some reason when it's obvious they are not.

I thought it was so that the dogs were not subject to muzzling laws being "crosses". Could be wrong though.

No that is a tactic used by the dodgy rehoming groups and is actually illegal. Almost all racing greys will have at least one ear tatt, crosses do not, most greys in the pound and RSPCA are surrendered by trainers with paperwork.

No that is a tactic used by the dodgy rehoming groups and is actually illegal. Almost all racing greys will have at least one ear tatt, crosses do not, most greys in the pound and RSPCA are surrendered by trainers with paperwork.

No idea then. I assumed that they mustnt have had tatts and therefore could pass as a cross. Seems to be plenty of breeds listed as crosses by them that clearly look pure to me. Do crossbreeds rehome easier? No idea, just thinking out loud now :)

No idea then. I assumed that they mustnt have had tatts and therefore could pass as a cross. Seems to be plenty of breeds listed as crosses by them that clearly look pure to me. Do crossbreeds rehome easier? No idea, just thinking out loud now :)

Yeah I don't know either. I used to do some cat testing of greys at my local RSPCA back home, they all had ear tatts and they were almost always listed as crosses. I always meant to ask but I forgot every time :o

Perhaps a perceived stigma with greys? I admit I had a very different opinion of them before I became a dog owner in my 20s and started to interact with different breeds. Maybe a cross is easier to market? Who knows. I know plenty of people who have got a border collie cross because they didn't think they could handle a purebred!

Also please don't think that you may not have a senior long as the two senior boys I adopted in the past at 10 years of age lived to 15yrs and 15yrs 8months old respectively and were two of the easiest Labs I have had the pleasure of owning and loved their daily walks and retrieving right up to the last couple of weeks of their lives. I was also reading on one of the Lab rescue facebook pages the other day that a Lab adopted a couple of years ago celebrated his 16th birthday a couple of days ago :thumbsup:

Hopefully there is a compassionate loving family/person that will give this gorgeous girl a wonderful forever home and I know from past experience, that she will repay you tenfold. :)

I used to pass a house on morning walks where an elderly gentleman had an 18 yr old yellow lab .... that I've have guessed to be 14 or 15 years. They lived across from a walking path & each morning, he'd let the lab decide how far to walk & then turn around to come home. Which suited them both admirably.

I know the feeling seeing a dog marked as an X, when it has signs of p/b. Presently, there's a gorgeous tibbie marked as tibbiex with AWL Qld. He's got the features of a very fine tibbie. At 18 months, he hasn't his full coat yet. There may be some reason behind that labelling so I won't criticize the AWL (who are great). But I've let them know I'll be passing his details on as sure looking like a p/b. Love to know if he has papers!

Edited by mita