Suggestions For A Dog Breed For New Dog Owners.

Lhok

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't have recommended a basenji I was at a dog show once and hear an awful noise so I went looking and it was coming from a little black and white basenji. Before I knew they could make such a wake the dead scream I had often thought about one for myself but after hearing that nope :laugh:

I am still pushing the rescue line Perse so I will show them those links :)

Haredown I thought the same thing about the wooly breeds, I wouldn't know what it would cost to get a dog groomed and clipped so I can't really give them a ball park figure and I know they wouldn't be keen to do it themselves as they have already stated it.

--Lhok

I wouldn't have recommended a basenji I was at a dog show once and hear an awful noise so I went looking and it was coming from a little black and white basenji. Before I knew they could make such a wake the dead scream I had often thought about one for myself but after hearing that nope :laugh:

Haredown I thought the same thing about the wooly breeds, I wouldn't know what it would cost to get a dog groomed and clipped so I can't really give them a ball park figure and I know they wouldn't be keen to do it themselves as they have already stated it.

--Lhok

I used to pay $60 every 3 months for my rescue fluffy. He was a Maltese x, and that was for a wash, brush, suitable seasonal clip, nails trimmed etc. That was quite cheap though, I know other places that charge more like $80 or $90. I used to bathe him once a week or so, and brush him a couple of times a week as well.

A mini schnauzer in breed clip costs around $70-85 where I am. Every three months and that's if they keep the knots down in-between. Clipping it's all off may be a little cheaper but it depends on the groomer. So if he's cheap that adds up quick.

Guest donatella

--Lhok

I find grooming cheap I guess it depends what someone's expectations are. Mine cost $110 every 6 weeks (for 2). I see that as cheap, even less for 1 obviously

Just thought I would update

They have decided against getting a dog at this time and instead have adopted two kittens from a local shelter.

Thanks everyone for suggestions.

--Lhok

They have decided against getting a dog at this time and instead have adopted two kittens from a local shelter.

--Lhok

Please tell them to keep them contained and not them roam.

--Lhok

Please tell them to keep them contained and not them roam.

Will do.

--Lhok