Why Does It Have To Be So Hard?

Kajtek

To those who responded with compassion and understood that it was grief THANK YOU. You have helped.

To others ... yes the post was irrational.

Edited by Kajtek

I don't have first hand experience of the difficulties you are encountering, Kajtek, but beautiful dogs ARE certainly missing out on a wonderful home with you.

The grief we suffer when our beloved dogs die is compounded by so much when see the sorrow and loss mirrored in the dogs left behind.

If you have even applied to a NQ breeder, you are spreading your net wide and I wish you every success.

It would certainly be a long shot, but put your feelers into the rescue world as well.

Condolences on the loss of your dog :(

I think it just comes part and parcel of the territory unfortunately, you just have to accept that some people aren't going to reply. Way back when I was looking for my pedigree dog I think I only got a reply to about 1 in 10 enquiries.

If you have your heart set on a BB I wouldn't give up so easily, especially if its only one inquiry that you've made. Just go into the experience expecting that you won't hear back from everyone and if you don't hear back it's no loss because clearly it's no good to get a dog from someone that won't communicate with you. And remember that you will end up with a dog eventually :)

Thank you Cynthia :-) I miss Kajtek terribly but HonBun misses him even more

I know (based on my rep as an Australian Bulldog owner) that I can get an AB from the best lines. I just thought that a pure BB was a way to go. I am very confused now.

I know I can import what I want from Europe (really don't care about $). I'll just send my OH to EU to select and get the BB I want. It's no drama but I've hoped that someone here would like their dog to have a really 'good life'.

Maybe I was wrong about the pure BB in Oz. Maybe the breeders of BBs are not interested. Just don't know.

Maybe I should just give up and either import the dog or adopt a dog from a pound.

I am so, so confused atm.

Aw, what a shame. Maybe the timing is not right and there is that wonderful dog there. I so understand the emptiness for both you and wee Hun Bun.. I can not yet pick another dog for us. It just seems nothing works. Unlike you, I have not spoken too much about this. We have the darling Herbert but I know we all need another dog.

Gentle Hugs xxx

You tried one person. I wouldnt base your entire opinion on the breeders in this country on one event.

If you really want a BB keep at it.

Valid! My desperation must be showing :D ***blush***

It's just... I know what I am willing to offer my next baby. We are both very 'mature', no kids, and the dogs are the centre of our universe.

I will keep at it, get another AB or send OH to EU to get us the new child.

Many thanks for your advice.

Anna

I agree with Bjelkier.

I know it can be disheartening not to get any reply at all, but perhaps take the advice we give all new puppy buyers to DOL? Go down to some shows and talk to breeders in person.

You tried one person. I wouldnt base your entire opinion on the breeders in this country on one event.

If you really want a BB keep at it.

Valid! My desperation must be showing :D ***blush***

It's just... I know what I am willing to offer my next baby. We are both very 'mature', no kids, and the dogs are the centre of our universe.

I will keep at it, get another AB or send OH to EU to get us the new child.

Many thanks for your advice.

Anna

Anna, I also agree with Bjelkier. You don't need to blush :) . I've been there, too. Took me ages after my Tibbie died (vet error) too young, to consider another Tibbie. But the surviving Tibbie needed a like-minded 'friend'. It was sheer luck that I hit the jackpot first go .... phoned a breeder who I knew had lovely temperaments in her bloodline & who treated her dogs like family. And she had an adult she was thinking of retiring! Rest is history. I have a darling!

I suggest, if a breeder provides their phone number in their public website or any advertisement .... phone them up. You are an experienced, loving, responsible BB owner & you could be a gift for a breeder who's not advertising their dogs .... but just might think about it, when a 'right' person lobbed up. That's how I got my first Tibbie.... cold-called the breeders. That first one I found out later was her best little female ... & she was waiting for a 'right' person to enquire. I also found a couple of the breeders were wonderful at suggesting others I could call as they knew they were thinking of rehoming some adult dogs.

All the best. Patience (hard!) will win out for you & a new pet. :)

Edited by mita

Wow, that girl IS gorgeous. And the seller sounds decent.

Thank you. You are so kind.

I need to 'fix' things, re-direct the love.

I know that we need another child to bring us joy and take that pain away.

Anna, I'm certain there could be no better home than yours for a Bulldog in need or a pup if that's the way you need to go.

There is a PM awaiting your attention, about a different matter.

This guy needs a forever home and with an adoption fee of only $500

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.691080220943867.1073741863.582672611784629&type=3

let me know if you want more info :)

OMG!! I follow Rainy Day Rescue on FB. They sound really beautiful people and would go to the ends of the earth if any of their dogs needed it.

I find your post really disappointing. You want a dog/pup now and someone should sell you one just because and if they don't I'm going to the pet store type. Sorry one of your pets died, it sucks, but I would have expected more from a long time DOLer.

That's a little harsh Rebanne... have you lost a heart dog before? If so, you should be able to understand the huge hole in the soul they leave...

Kajtek will be an awesome home for any dog... and for people to simply not respond to an enquiry about a dog they are trying to rehome is just rude...

Hang in there Kajtek, the perfect new family member will come along when the time is right, OK?

T.

I know what you are feeling, I lost my horse and I really really wanted/needed another to fill that gap. I seaarched high and low and got very depressed, I had one lined up to be ridden/visited by a friend but an unchangable event meant I didn't have the finances right then that I needed to purchase this particular boy. His owner was amazingly fantastic, but I had to let him go.

My husband kept saying don't force it, the right horse will happen when you least expect it. I did have to agree he was right. 4 weeks later I got offered a stunning boy from a friend and he now graces my paddock and is amazingly perfect.

Whilst I understand your almost desperate desire to fix things, sometimes we just need to sit back and see what pops up. It has always seemed to work best for me when things happen that way.

I find your post really disappointing. You want a dog/pup now and someone should sell you one just because and if they don't I'm going to the pet store type. Sorry one of your pets died, it sucks, but I would have expected more from a long time DOLer.

What a cold hearted, unkind and very disrespectful post.