New Rescue Services For Cowra Nsw And Surrounds

"Rescue" doesn't stop at getting a dog from the pound - that's where it starts. Sadly, genuine rescue in this area is shunned because anyone can claim to "rescue" something when they're actually dealing with animals that are given away from the pound and then sold on without vet work having been done. But to point that out, and to correct people who use the term "rescue" when they are not actually upholding rescue's core values, is to ensure the animals miss out because people are too proud to learn how to do things better. :mad

It is just as well then that the New Rescue Service will be being run correctly, with all vet work being carried out and the core values upheld.

So which of the two vets will be doing all this vet work?

By all means, feel free to ring North Cowra Veterinary Clinic, and give Loz and Mel your views as to what you think of the new president of GDRR. I'm sure they will give you what you so desperately need.

I have a great deal of respect for Karen at North Cowra Vet. The support staff also do an admirable job most of the time. What's your point?

"Rescue" doesn't stop at getting a dog from the pound - that's where it starts. Sadly, genuine rescue in this area is shunned because anyone can claim to "rescue" something when they're actually dealing with animals that are given away from the pound and then sold on without vet work having been done. But to point that out, and to correct people who use the term "rescue" when they are not actually upholding rescue's core values, is to ensure the animals miss out because people are too proud to learn how to do things better. :mad

It is just as well then that the New Rescue Service will be being run correctly, with all vet work being carried out and the core values upheld.

By all means, feel free to ring North Cowra Veterinary Clinic, and give Loz and Mel your views as to what you think of the new president of GDRR. I'm sure they will give you what you so desperately need.

I have a great deal of respect for Karen at North Cowra Vet. The support staff also do an admirable job most of the time. What's your point?

No point, perceive my statement as you will.

And I've never had a problem getting a rescue in urgently with Nth Cowra, whether it be cat or dog. Hectic schedule or not.

So are you just on a vendetta against one individual?? Is that what your posts are about? Because its getting boring....

Pardon?

Not at all. I'm simply asking which of the two vets that have small animal practices in Cowra are stepping up to do the vet work. I know both have a fairly hectic schedule. It's a fair question given the population of the town, and the lack of available vets. Anyone who lives in the area would know that.

Actually you are looking to attack a well loved and respected rescuer.... all your posts are aimed at her.

I know her well and the community......

I suggest you go elsewhere because the rest of us are well aware of what you are trying to do.

There are already bona fide rescue groups in Cowra - it's that the Pound and Ranger will not work with us.

It's a darned shame someone more appropriate wasn't chosen to replace the outgoing President. :(

[/quote

Well well if it is not the well known troublemaker who has been banned from so many pages. Surprise surprise NOT. For your information CountryGirl respectable and well known rescues have had a person on the ground in Cowra and in another local pound letting us know what dogs need help. When we have received this information we have on availability of foster carers been able to get the dogs out of the pounds. If we are full we contact another ETHICAL rescue who have helped.

The lovely lady who has been assisting us for the past 15 months is wonderful, she has paid for some of the dogs to be vaccinated, chipped and desexed out of her own pocket. Our rescue and others that work with this beautiful lady, have told her we will pay all vet costs, and do you know what CountryGirl this lady pays all the transport costs to get the pound dogs to us. Cowra pound and surrounding areas has now got their own ETHICAL rescue group and I hope the lovely lady who has helped us many a time can assist the new rescue group which I am sure she will be. We are all here to help the Cowra rescue team if they need help.

Being a ETHICAL rescue group I have heard about you and your wannabe rescue friends in the lovely town of Cowra. Oh to add insult to your injuries Countrygirl the Ranger at Cowra has been lovely to us. Cowra does not have a huge amount of dogs at the one time at their pound maybe 2-3 at a time, most of these go home to their owners, when the owners decide to contact the ranger. Next time I pass through I will ensure I called into the pound and check out the conditions' Good night and have a great evening.

Edited by Countrybornandbred

Hmmm, so many new accounts for what purpose? To have a go at eachother?

The one above isn't a new account it's almost a year old but yeah...they're coming out of the woodwork O.o

So CountryGirl you haven't confirmed in any thread, are you Lilysmum? Simple question.

Honestly.

This is worse than high school.

Got an opinion? Fine. OWN IT.

Don't create aliases for yourselves. You look like idiots.

There are people here who post opinions I don't agree with but at least they are adults and don't snipe and swipe behind fake names and made up crap.

Grow the hell up.

---

I for one, am INTERESTED in hearing about the steps taken to improve the conditions of the dogs held at the pound. I'm interested in well stated thoughts on how this can be done. I'm saddened by what I saw in those photos. I'm excited that Madley and the folks from Great Dane Rescue have stepped up. Isn't that what we want? Won't this improve the lives of those poor animals?

Such good news that something sensible has come out of this Cowra incident, thanks to the rescue that is starting to work with the pound and vice versa under such difficult social media circumstances.

Countrygirl, why are you continuing your rants over multiple threads? It seems you have a real grudge and would suggest you take it either privately, or not at all. This is a positive thing for Cowra, and to find even vet clinics get quizzed is disturbing. Honestly, put your ego in check and maybe not let this announcement end up an eye rolling thread any further.

No matter what I say it will be misconstrued. I'm not in rescue for any reason other than the dogs. Much of what I do is behind the scenes and never publicised. Why? Because I am not the sort of person who does things based on ego. I never have been and I never will be. People can assume whatever they choose - I know that if the pack mentality here continues the way it has thus far, then more than one decent and long term rescuer (other than myself) will just stop all rescue. It's supposed to be about helping dogs, not bitching to or about each other.

My questions about the vet practices are very appropriate. There are TWO vets in Cowra. They are both already incredibly busy. The last time I had a chat about it, none of the vets were willing to de-sex under six months of age on a routine basis. Perhaps that has changed in the time I've been living here (if so, that's great, but I can't see such a shift happening in a year).

This isn't about me. It never has been and never will be. Online communities bring out both the best and the worst in people. All I try to do is rescue dogs in need and do it with integrity. I don't abuse others, I don't finger-point, I don't name-call. And for that I cop abuse from those I question as to their processes as I try to understand where they are coming from.

No matter what I say it will be misconstrued. I'm not in rescue for any reason other than the dogs. Much of what I do is behind the scenes and never publicised. Why? Because I am not the sort of person who does things based on ego. I never have been and I never will be. People can assume whatever they choose - I know that if the pack mentality here continues the way it has thus far, then more than one decent and long term rescuer (other than myself) will just stop all rescue. It's supposed to be about helping dogs, not bitching to or about each other.

My questions about the vet practices are very appropriate. There are TWO vets in Cowra. They are both already incredibly busy. The last time I had a chat about it, none of the vets were willing to de-sex under six months of age on a routine basis. Perhaps that has changed in the time I've been living here (if so, that's great, but I can't see such a shift happening in a year).

This isn't about me. It never has been and never will be. Online communities bring out both the best and the worst in people. All I try to do is rescue dogs in need and do it with integrity. I don't abuse others, I don't finger-point, I don't name-call. And for that I cop abuse from those I question as to their processes as I try to understand where they are coming from.

Country Girl, you are bagging out a rescue for being present at Cowra and hopefully they will be working with Cowra pound, which is suppose to be a good thing.

Your other comments are rather personal and political within rescue and that was not misconstrued, so don't pretend you do not have a problem with particular things.

As for the vets, perhaps you have not been part of the process and don't actually know what agreements between a rescue (that is not yours) and the vets, to imply they will not be doing vet work because of YOUR experience is. again, not one that is involved in the rescues process in getting this up and running, is a potentially damaging comment with no actual evidence that animals are not getting all appropriate vet work done. So if it is not about your ego, see you are making comments that could be damaging to progress being made.

No it is not about you, yet you are intertwined in 3 threads about Cowra, no one is ganging up on you, they are observations that are made by YOUR comments that are crystal clear, because if it wasn't about you, you would be glad there seems some light at the end of the tunnel for the whole Cowra controversy, instead you are fueling it with more controversy.

If you do have questions, and actually do have concerns take them into a message to the rescues that are hopefully establishing a working relationship with Cowra pound, because all I can see is you trashing others with nothing but personal issues that have nothing to do with possible progress that can be seen as good for Cowra poundies.

Edited by Malti

Honestly.

This is worse than high school.

Got an opinion? Fine. OWN IT.

Don't create aliases for yourselves. You look like idiots.

There are people here who post opinions I don't agree with but at least they are adults and don't snipe and swipe behind fake names and made up crap.

Grow the hell up.

---

I for one, am INTERESTED in hearing about the steps taken to improve the conditions of the dogs held at the pound. I'm interested in well stated thoughts on how this can be done. I'm saddened by what I saw in those photos. I'm excited that Madley and the folks from Great Dane Rescue have stepped up. Isn't that what we want? Won't this improve the lives of those poor animals?

Where's the like button!

Hmmm, so many new accounts for what purpose? To have a go at eachother?

No not a new account been member for nearly 12 months do not normally comment on bullshit that is posted. But when a rescue gets bagged out by someone who has always caused trouble on so many sites including FB than I thought I would post my opinion. I wish Cowra Rescue and Adoptions all the best and I know they will succeed in what they are achieving, one person alone has achieved what she wanted to do and with the new group they will continue to the same.

Good luck to the team on Cowra Pet Rescue and Adoptions, you guys rock

Edited by Countrybornandbred

Nth cowra vets will desex early for a reputable rescue. We have all worked with Nth Cowra for many years (collectively, for over 30) and have a good relationship based on trust, ethics and common sense.

Edited by barkon

Thank you for your reply, we are pleased to say our vet has been offering early desexing since we started working with them over 3 years ago with GDRR. We look forward to working with all the local rescues who hold the same values as we do in terms of ethical and responsible rescue and rehoming. Have a great day :)

A typical fall-back response, 'it's all about the dogs' when clearly you made it personal and all about your ego by going off your brain and getting it wrong. And pointing out how experienced and knowledgable you are when clearly you have no idea. Just by the way you write, you sound like the one of the crazies that pounds are trying to keep out.

Back-peddle now, say you do all sorts of things behind the scenes (and have been for ten years LOL) as if other rescuers who have called you out don't care about the dogs and are just sitting around with their thumb up their butt waiting to take down good and helpful people.