Sucession Of Placings?

Willowlane

Another silly question that has been answered for me a few times but I still get confused. How do the classes run?

First what are the age classifications:

Baby Puppy 3-6months (not elgible for Challenge Champion but are they elgibe for anything other than sweepies and baby puppy class?

Minor Puppy

Puppy

Intermediate

Open

Australian Bred

Then how do the classes run: eg

Class is judged and top 3 placed in the dogs(do you get ribbons)? winners from all divisions of dogs go in for Challenge Champion once this is awarded 2nd place to CC comes into challenge. The same then happens with the bitches. Then the Dog and Bitch face off and 2nd place comes in to challenge for Best of Breed?

Then there is best in group? Is there a runner up best in group and does 2nd place challenge again for runner up?

The best in show is all the best in group champions (do runner up best in group challenge if the best in group wins best of show? Is there a runner up best of show?

Next question

One show I saw champions awarded for each intermediate, open etc out of the dog and bitch...was this because it was a speciality show?

AND how do general specials work, is it just all the same classes again?

What does it mean when they put general specials on the program with a judges name next to it but no group? like a whole seperate ring.

Another silly question that has been answered for me a few times but I still get confused. How do the classes run?

First what are the age classifications:

Baby Puppy 3-6months (not elgible for Challenge Champion but are they elgibe for anything other than sweepies and baby puppy class?

Minor Puppy

Puppy

Junior

Intermediate

Australian Bred

Open

Neuter

Then how do the classes run: eg

Class is judged and top 3 placed in the dogs(do you get ribbons) sometimes there are place ribbons, usually got from the secretaries office? winners from all the age classes of dogs go in for Challenge Certificate once this is awarded 2nd place to CC comes into challenge yes.

The same then happens with the bitches. Yes Then the Dog and Bitch face off for BOB and 2nd place to the BOB comes in to challenge for Runner Up Best of Breed?

Then there is best in group? All BOB of that group go in When BIG is picked the runner up to that dog then comes in to be judged with the other dogs Is there a runner up best in group Yes

The best in show is all the best in group winners (do runner up best in group challenge if the best in group wins best of show? Yes Is there a runner up best of show? Yes

Next question

One show I saw awards awarded for each intermediate, open etc out of the dog and bitch...was this because it was a speciality show? Each age group at breed level can win their age class and go into group for that class so could win Baby puppy of group for example. Then all Baby Puppies in group Compete for Baby Puppy in Show but there are no runner ups in age classes.

AND how do general specials work, is it just all the same classes again? Basically, all group winners in to choose BIS, then the runner up to the BIS winner comes in to be judged with the others for RUBIS. Both BIS and RUBIS win their age group as well. If they are from the same age Group (Open) then only the BIS wins that. Then all Best in age group from the Groups compete for best in age group in Show. Usually said Baby Puppy in Show or Aus bred in show

What does it mean when they put general specials on the program with a judges name next to it but no group? like a whole seperate ring. Just means they did not judge a group and are only judging the General Specials. Most shows the GS judge has also judged at least one group, often more in the country areas.

Edited by Rebanne

Class 1 Baby Puppy - for dogs of three and under six months of age

Class 2 Minor Puppy - for dogs of six and under nine months of age

Class 3 Puppy - for dogs of six and under 12 months of age

Class 4 Junior - for dogs of nine and under 18 months of age

Class 5 Intermediate - for dogs of 18 months and under 36 months of age

Class 6 Novice - for dogs six months of age or over which have not won a first prize at any open show or championship show

Class 7 Graduate - for dogs six months of age or over which have not won a challenge certificate

Class 8 Limit - for dogs over 12 months of age which are not champions or have not gained sufficient points to qualify as a champion

Class 9 - State Bred - for dogs six months of age or over whelped (born) in the state in which it is exhibited

Class 10 Australian Bred - for dogs six months of age or over whelped (born) in Australia

Class 11 Open - for dogs six months of age or over

Class 15 Puppy Neuter - for neuter dogs aged six and under 12 months

Class 16 Junior Neuter - for neuter dogs aged nine and under 18 months

Class 17 Intermediate Neuter - for neuter dogs aged 18 and under 36 months

Class 18 Open Neuter - for neuter dogs aged six months or over

Class 21 Champion - for all champions entering an open show

Usual classes are 1,2,3,4,5,10,11 and for Neuter often only Class 18 is offered. You add an A for a bitch so 1A, 2A etc. Sometimes other classes are offered but I have only seen State Bred (9). I've never seen 6,7,8 at an All Breeds show