Raising Two Puppies At Once

Sheridan

Its been too long... can we have a photo update pretty please? I want to see your naughty little puppies again :laugh:

Re touching issues, maybe go backward a bit and spend some time touching and treating without actually doing anything, but then work up to actual grooming?

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haven't posted for a while. The two terrors are keeping me busy. Bunny has decided that she doesn't want her beard groomed. She gets quite narky and I don't want it to get worse. Roo, on the other hand, doesn't want to be groomed at all. Also, he's become a teenager. He's wee-ed inside a number of times. Dominance weeing, I'd say. And the dear little man has no sense of personal space at all.

They will get worse with grooming until you stop pandering to there whims & start educating them to what will happen & what wont .At there age they should be be great being groomed ,clipped & scissored .

You may find getting a groomer to do them for awhile will be a better education tool for them because seriously they will not improve unless some rules change & given you want to show them there will be no joy in spending hrs doing them up & it just ends up a battle .

I just got two litter mates, two female Pom crosses. It's a few days in and going well, they are settling in nicely and happy to be separated for grooming/playing/training. We have kids and I think having another dog around makes them feel a bit safer :)

Thanks for writing this thread :) It's given me some ideas of what to expect.