Naughty Dog Moments

After I fed the dogs last night I put some music on and got into a beading project in the lounge room. I went in to the top part of the house once and discovered all three dogs on my bed, which is kind of strange at that time of night but I just left them to it. At one stage I thought I heard Stussy scratching in the laundry (which she does if a piece of stray kibble appears). I yelled out to her to quit it and she did. I decided to make my own dinner about an hour and a half later only to discover the fridge door wide open and a trail of packaging leading to my bedroom. All three of them had pretty much emptied the fridge of all proteins (limp vegies rejected) but I'm pretty sure it was Stussy who led the attack.

There wasn't a lot in there and luckily nothing that is harmful to dogs. I don't know whether I left the fridge door open accidentally or one of them has learnt some tricks from Stan. It was hard to chastise them for something already done so I just picked up the packages and Tupperware and left them to sleep off their binge on my bed.

I think it is the first time we've had group naughtiness too. Note to self - if it is too quiet or they are acting strange you just know they are up to mischief!

Hit me with your stories so I don't feel so bad!

Aaaaahhh so many!

Totally agree, the quiet is the clue that something is going on. My most recent one was the other day. I was watching tv with Saxon, Quinn and Riley were amusing themselves chasing around the house and wrestling in the bedroom being noisy and annoying but just having fun. When they went quiet in the bedroom I enjoyed the peace for a while, then got suspicious. Went into the bedroom and they were happily crunching away...on the wheat spread all over the bed coming out of the holes they'd chewed in my wheat bag.

ETA I've become slack, they were never allowed unattended in the bedroom until recently - they are now 3.5 and 4 and I thought they were settling down a bit, but I was wrong. I've also just had to install child locks on the cupboards in the kitchen that have access to the bin after living in this house for 4 months, Quinn figure out opening them and kept robbing the bin. The last straw was finding her on the couch eating from the moldy remains of a sour cream tub :eek:

Edited by Simply Grand

I'm lucky to have a double basin in the laundry, which is next to the kitchen. Our kitchen tidy has lived in the spare sink there since Miss Stussy arrived some 7 odd years ago and started raids on it. And I still never leave tissues, jars of Vaseline (for the lips), or lip balms on anything lower than kitchen bench height. The poor love has so many weaknesses.

In cahoots with eachother!

Not exactly a 'naughty' dog moment, more a opportunistic discovery due to a forgetful human (me), but I had to madly dash out of the house when I thought I was about to miss my bus. I'd left the sanitary rubbish bag on the couch having had the intention of putting it in the wheelie bin as I headed to the bus stop...but in my panic I didnt.

Caught the VLine train to Melbourne, had dinner with the family, drove home with my partner and opened the door to a torn open plastic bag with bloody tampons and pads strewn across the lounge room!!! :rofl:

Bonnie is now affectionately known as Tampon Breath.

Edited by Better Late

My recent naughtiness is from Poppy...

I planted a new plant and carefully popped the pot where I wanted it and watered it in. Poppy watched the whole process and once I was finished she gave it a good sniff and then went to bite the plant. I said NO, leave it which she's normally very good at so we both walked away. Go out five minutes later and there it is pulled out of the dirt but sitting on top of the pot! I kind of pictured her sticking two fingers up at me as she did this and walked away :laugh:

The dogs are trained to stay in their crates even if the door is open, Wiz is very reliable with this. However since it has been cold, a couple of times around about the time I go to bed I have been finding that she's been sneaking out of her crate, through the house, into my room and going to sleep on my bed. I go to put my jammies on and finding a sleeping Malinois on my bed. Cracks me up!

My JRT male loves my satin pjs, he will jump on the bed, crawl under the pillow and sleep on the pjs if we forget to put the gate up to block access. We know when naughty Miss Tilly has been walking on the coffee table because she steps on the TV remote and turns the TV on and yes we too have had a wheat bag torn to shreds and the contents spread all over the room. love them though

I put 2 sachets of kitten food on a small plate & went to feed them. The phone rang so I put the plate on the table & went into the computer room to answer the phone.

Finished the call, went into kitchen, picked up plate, got to the spare room door & realised plate was empty.

Angie my bouncy toy poodle had got on the table & wolfed it down :laugh: She is the only one that can jump from floor to table.

Little dogs are not as naughty as big dogs because they often can't reach it or get their mouth around it.

I have been feeling rather smug because my 18 month old Borzoi has never got up on any tables or benches.

I have a new arrival - a 3 year old girl Borzoi. This afternoon I put her in the house by herself for 10 minutes and in the time she got up on the kitchen bench and knocked over 1 kg of honey and broke some canisters !!!!! I'm still trying to un-sticky the kitchen !

Kokoda is my naughty child. Also my smartest. So i do wonder if thats related at all.

He is just so clever!

He loves to dig. He never dug inside the yard at our previous house, i would take him to the park and let him do it there.

But he has decided that the new houses yard IS a park and therefore he can dig. Thankfully just a few holes at the base of trees, not the middle of the lawn. But i did abuse his skill the otehr day while gardening and had him dig a few holes for me. Made it much quicker!

He even pulled up the weedmat with his teeth for me laugh.gif

He loves fishing in my pond. I found this out when i came home from work to find him swimming around in it..

(its just an old bathtub in the ground- so only small) SO i covered it with some wire. The next day he had moved the wire and pulled all the leaves of my water lillie so he could more clearly see the fish when he shoved his head under the wire to bark at them..

And he is a thief. of cat biscuits. But he knows he is more likely to be caught if eating in the bathroom for a long period. So he casually walks in, grabs a mouthfull of biscuits, sprints out to his bed. Spits them out again then slowly enjoys them laugh.gif

Lets just say its lucky he's cute!

16878626221_535d476dc7_z.jpg

Henry is a kitchen bin raider with every chance he gets he will have party all over the kitchen floor.

Deniki is a total sheep and follows the others, but never really instigates things. He just annoys the others, and sometimes gets Koda caught. I can just imagine their little argument afterwards laugh.gif

• 2 weeks later...

We are having a garage sale this weekend and discovered that my old Horn sewing machine cabinet holds a sewing machine, an overlocker and two dogs so they can look out the back window at me and howl! Who knew they were so strong! Of course all my pins and scissors and other bits and pieces had to be pushed onto the floor. All the nicely piled fabric has also been knocked over. Little buggers!

Edited by Little Gifts

Jake always likes to poke through the grocery bags as I bring them in, one day he hit jackpot and managed to pull out a tray of mince and make enough of a hole to get his tongue through and lick out quite a bit before I spotted him.

He's not normally a chewer but just every now and then if I'm not paying him attention he will lay into the plastic crates in my work room. He's always looking at me when he's doing it, and bad trainer that I am, I always get up and go play with him.