Needing Iformation

Darien

Could somebody please tell me why no body will foster animals under the Socares umbrella? This is not an idle question, but one I really need to know the answer to. If you feel you can't answer on here, please PM me. Any information at all could be helpful.

Do you mean Socares that is running Wyong Pound?

My understanding is that Socares is made up of a number of rescue groups. I visited Wyong Pound earlier in the year as a rescuer and asked about various dogs there and was told not to worry they would all be / were all fine.

The original founder of Socares no longer works for the organisation as far as I know.

Edited by Her Majesty Dogmad

I have talked about this before Darien.

When SoCares took over Wyong Pound David Atwell was at the helm, well it was he that formed SoCares in the first place. Then DRN got involved and there was a massive revolt and David was turfed from his own rescue org and Wyong Pound. Coasties were hoping that it would be run like Gosford Dog Paws (pound) but it became a huge shitfight and local rescues were pretty much told to mind their own business and shove off. There was a monopoly on the rarer or more rehomable breeds like puppies and rescues decided it was not worth the drama. THEN when it started going down the gurgler, locals were questioning Wyong Council on what the hell was going on, the new and "improved" SoCares started asking for help...too little too late.

Basically when David was shafted and so were local rescues Wyong Pound was on it's own...and still is by the looks.

Ok so DRN more or less muscled in and took over, now that makes sense and in itself answers a lot of questions. Problem is, now the animals are not being fostered out, some of them have been there for months and are getting kennel mad :( So did DRN completely take over SoCares or they separate? No other rescue groups will help out at all now and it's heart breaking watching the animals.

I have talked about this before Darien.

When SoCares took over Wyong Pound David Atwell was at the helm, well it was he that formed SoCares in the first place. Then DRN got involved and there was a massive revolt and David was turfed from his own rescue org and Wyong Pound. Coasties were hoping that it would be run like Gosford Dog Paws (pound) but it became a huge shitfight and local rescues were pretty much told to mind their own business and shove off. There was a monopoly on the rarer or more rehomable breeds like puppies and rescues decided it was not worth the drama. THEN when it started going down the gurgler, locals were questioning Wyong Council on what the hell was going on, the new and "improved" SoCares started asking for help...too little too late.

Basically when David was shafted and so were local rescues Wyong Pound was on it's own...and still is by the looks.

I moved to Melbourne 9 months ago so I have no idea what's going on now or who is running it. I still have many connections on the Coast though, only last month I was told about a 12 year old greyhound that was impounded so I contacted them and was basically fobbed off so as I said they haven't changed their attitude. As Dogmad said she personally visited the pound only this year as a rescuer and was told the dogs are fine...you're saying they're not :shrug: Gosford Dog Paws put in for tender of Wyong and if they had been successful none of this would be happening.

I don't know what their agenda is, but it most certainly is not ok and of course now no one will foster any dogs or cats from them. Thanks for the info :) The greyhound wasn't 12, but I do know the one you mean, she was fostered out by DRN I think it was. They also have a Dougue in there that has been there for about 2 months, poor thing is going mad and she is very dog aggressive. :(

I moved to Melbourne 9 months ago so I have no idea what's going on now or who is running it. I still have many connections on the Coast though, only last month I was told about a 12 year old greyhound that was impounded so I contacted them and was basically fobbed off so as I said they haven't changed their attitude. As Dogmad said she personally visited the pound only this year as a rescuer and was told the dogs are fine...you're saying they're not :shrug: Gosford Dog Paws put in for tender of Wyong and if they had been successful none of this would be happening.

And see that's where the problem lies. DBD rescue should've been contacted immediately, is she a cross? and why are they hanging on to her in the pound if she is aggressive? Are they going to rehome that dog to your average Joe because that is a disaster waiting to happen. They really have NFI, no wonder dog attacks on the Central Coast are so high, my own dogs being part of that appalling statistic :mad so glad I don't live there anymore.

You are so right in saying they have NFI!!! Bella is a pure Dogue and yes, I got them to ring Jo at DDB rescue, she was unable to help so she sent someone else, we had two a male and female, but he sent bella back :(

Thanks for the info Hazy Wal :)

And see that's where the problem lies. DBD rescue should've been contacted immediately, is she a cross? and why are they hanging on to her in the pound if she is aggressive? Are they going to rehome that dog to your average Joe because that is a disaster waiting to happen. They really have NFI, no wonder dog attacks on the Central Coast are so high, my own dogs being part of that appalling statistic :mad so glad I don't live there anymore.

Hang in there Darien, you and I'm sure the other vollies there are trying your hardest in what seems an impossible task. Thank you for caring and I hope against hope that things improve for Wyong Pound. It was going fine when Craig ran it before this debacle happened and now it's all politics and smoke and mirrors. The sad thing is it's the animals that will pay the ultimate price :(

Sadly I have been asked not to go there any more, they didn't like the complaints i made to Council and when I loudly complained about how they let a cat die in agony, organ failure, and how I rang the council again for them to do something. I will not shut up though, what they are doing is wrong and the RSPCA is my next port of cal :(

Hang in there Darien, you and I'm sure the other vollies there are trying your hardest in what seems an impossible task. Thank you for caring and I hope against hope that things improve for Wyong Pound. It was going fine when Craig ran it before this debacle happened and now it's all politics and smoke and mirrors. The sad thing is it's the animals that will pay the ultimate price :(