Channel 7 News Tonight

With that many dogs running together, I'm stumped as to how you even break up a fight if one occurs?

It's hard enough when our two bitches fight my mum and me have to pull them off each other. I couldn't imagine trying to break up a fight involving multiple dogs. It would be bedlam. Especially if there are big size differences between the dogs involved.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With that many dogs running together, I'm stumped as to how you even break up a fight if one occurs?

It's hard enough when our two bitches fight my mum and me have to pull them off each other. I couldn't imagine trying to break up a fight involving multiple dogs. It would be bedlam. Especially if there are big size differences between the dogs involved.

Big 'Yes' to this.

Ignorance and complacency can be a disastrous combination.

I feel for the owner but I can also summon some sympathy for Farmer Dave. No doubt he'd never considered how this might turn out and until now, he had no need to.

Rather than bay for his blood, I'd rather see him learn from this. I hope other dog owners learn from this tragedy also.

If he doesn't learn from it, then he deserves what he gets.

He hasn't learnt from this nor previous mistakes - he's still running large groups together, photos on his site show that. It's a massive money spinner, placing your dog there is not cheap and there are lots of extras charged - some things you can't prove they actually happened.

My link

Poor Wags looks terriefied :(

I haven't seen that photo before and yes, he does look terrified. That's very upsetting to see - how come the idiot with the camera didn't see it??? It's very obvious.

The smell of fear will set other dogs off unfortunately.

Edited by Her Majesty Dogmad

My link

Poor Wags looks terriefied :(

Yes he certainly does. frown.gif Poor Wags.

As most people here know I use doggy daycare and for me its been an absolute Godsend for many reasons. But I wouldn't put up with that situation either. Little dogs don't belong with big dogs like that. RIP Wags. Poor little guy. frown.gif

I think it is also important to consider this from a different angle. The larger dog owners are also victims. I'm sure most people don't want their larger dog to hurt, much less kill, another dog. They must be feeling awful atm too. The owners of the care establishment were negligent.

ETA Sorry Sas we posted at the same time.

THIS! My god! This x 1000% I would want to know if my dog had been involved in an attack too. For many reasons.

In case you didn't see it, Channel 7 had a follow up tonight:

https://au.news.yahoo.com/nsw/video/watch/28426459/wags-the-dog-plot-thickens/#page1

Whilst reporter is talking to Farmer Dave, a dog escapes from the property and runs up the road .... It also mentions that the owner of the premises he rents is involved in the live baiting investigation.

With a great deal of difficulty! We have only had a couple of major scraps but they are not easy and you have to rely on voice more than anything to get those on the fringe to get out of it while grabbing the instigators. Much easier when you know the pack inside out and can instantly pick the instigator. With unknown dogs in a day care setting I wouldn't even know where to start.

We were packing up at the end of the agility grand prix last year when 2 of our bitches decided to simultaneously grab a third. It had been a long 4 days of competition for them and everyone was tired and crabby. I was holding about 7 or 8 leads at the time, we had 11 dogs with us in total. My only option was to drop the leads and hope that the others didn't get involved. I grabbed 2 girls, someone grabbed the other and we had 8 other dogs running loose (or trying to hide from the commotion). If they had all decided to get involved it would have taken many hands to break them up. Thankfully most of ours prefer to flee from trouble!

In case you didn't see it, Channel 7 had a follow up tonight:

https://au.news.yaho...thickens/#page1

Whilst reporter is talking to Farmer Dave, a dog escapes from the property and runs up the road .... It also mentions that the owner of the premises he rents is involved in the live baiting investigation.

The dog Alice who escaped was his thank heavens, it does so a bit from what I understand.

I don't know why live baiting was thrown in there at the end, next minute it'll be Wags was used on a lure by the anti racing nutters *sigh*

I worked with one of the Cauchi's in a pub in Tweed Heads and used to socialize a lot with him and his wife. I used to drop greyhounds at Rocky Ridge Farm at Calga also owned by the Cauchi's for road transport interstate, doesn't mean I knew anything about live baiting.

I don't know why live baiting was thrown in there at the end, next minute it'll be Wags was used on a lure by the anti racing nutters *sigh*

I worked with one of the Cauchi's in a pub in Tweed Heads and used to socialize a lot with him and his wife. I used to drop greyhounds at Rocky Ridge Farm at Calga also owned by the Cauchi's for road transport interstate, doesn't mean I knew anything about live baiting.

Dave is on the same property and is in a relationship with the son. I went there a few times when I used to drive pound dogs for other rescues and they boarded there. I was horrified when I saw a huge amount of greyhounds in small cages with no comforts in cold weather and I asked about them and was told they were going to be shipped to Asia. I didn't ever go there again as I found it very upsetting.

I am very anti greyhound racing and very anti live baiting, I won't deny it.

There is a high sided enclosure right at the front of the property used for training the greys, if you live and work there, over a period of time, I'm sure you'd probably see lots of comings and goings. Who knows, some people do like to wear blinkers.

Dave is on the same property and is in a relationship with the son. I went there a few times when I used to drive pound dogs for other rescues and they boarded there. I was horrified when I saw a huge amount of greyhounds in small cages with no comforts in cold weather and I asked about them and was told they were going to be shipped to Asia. I didn't ever go there again as I found it very upsetting.

There is a high sided enclosure right at the front of the property used for training the greys, if you live and work there, over a period of time, I'm sure you'd probably see lots of comings and goings. Who knows, some people do like to wear blinkers.

My point is why was it even mentioned in this story? This is about a cav that died under suspicious circumstances at a boarding facility not about greyhound racing or live baiting but I'm sure it will be now.

I'm not sure if you're implying I think live baiting is acceptable :/ I'm not going to answer that but I'm certainly not anti racing, otherwise I wouldn't be friends with Kym and Bobby seeing he's a retired trainer and still involved in the racing industry. Horses yes but still scum of the earth according to the keyboard warriors that despise "animals used for profit and gambling"

My point is why was it even mentioned in this story? This is about a cav that died under suspicious circumstances at a boarding facility not about greyhound racing or live baiting but I'm sure it will be now.

I'm not sure if you're implying I think live baiting is acceptable :/ I'm not going to answer that but I'm certainly not anti racing, otherwise I wouldn't be friends with Kym and Bobby seeing he's a retired trainer and still involved in the racing industry. Horses yes but still scum of the earth according to the keyboard warriors that despise "animals used for profit and gambling"

You could say why did they film him with the dog getting loose as that wasn't related to Wags' death either, it's like any news story, the tentacles can reach far and wide and it is on the same premises that he lives and works on, it isn't down the road or in the next suburb.

I did not imply anything about you Hazywal, you made that connection.

It is like most things, some people agree with things and some people don't. Farmer Dave has plenty of owners that take their dogs there don't give a stuff about Wags' death and are happy to keep going with the way things are. I'd hazard a guess that this would be until their own dog gets mauled or killed. Until then they will continue in ignorance of the risk, even if it's so obvious.