Channel 7 News Tonight

Guest donatella

Oh my check out farmer Daves Facebook page and the latest comments (on their public statement post). Someone asks about the dog getting out on the news, farmer Dave replies 'the news reporter held the gate open and let them out' then the news reporter chimes in and comments about the lies and he never held gates open :rofl:

Wonder if he'll get banned and blocked :rofl:

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh my check out farmer Daves Facebook page and the latest comments (on their public statement post). Someone asks about the dog getting out on the news, farmer Dave replies 'the news reporter held the gate open and let them out' then the news reporter chimes in and comments about the lies and he never held gates open :rofl:

Wonder if he'll get banned and blocked :rofl:

Thats Gold....!!!! I just read it. What a prat to blame the journo.

Some one should screen shot it before its deleted.

Ahhh snap its done....lol

Edited by dogslife

post-41750-1434193525324_thumb.jpg

Hilarious. Now I also see that people are posting that Wags probably started it .... FFS. You can see from all the pictures that Wags didn't have one mean bone in his body, he looked happy enough but then in the picture above he looked utterly dejected and terrified. These people obviously have no idea about Cavaliers, sure you can get the odd rogue one perhaps (I haven't ever met one yet) but generally speaking they are extremely gentle and definitely not trouble makers. It seems they'd say anything to ensure FD isn't at fault in any way ...

Edited by Her Majesty Dogmad

Any one else think it strange / odd in the videos on their page they let out 50-60 ? dogs from the run and only 2 staff to supervise

just to me if a fight broke out they have no hope of controlling them

I notice the support page for Wags has dissapeared

Omg, Wags started it?!?! Wow, just wow.

I seriously doubt he did anything to "start" a fight, and I've alluded to this before and it isn't always a popular opinion but I expect my dogs to accommodate for dogs that are smaller, less able, at some disadvantage etc to themselves, even if he did do something (again, i doubt he did).

I know there is an issue with some dogs behaving badly towards dogs bigger or stronger than themselves and I guess in theory they need to accept the consequences, but for me personally I expect my dogs, at least the 20kg one, to tolerate an annoying smaller dog snapping at her or whatever. In that situation I expect her to walk away, and that is what she does. If she didn't respond like that she would not ever be off leash around smaller dogs, simple as that.

So, I seriously doubt Wags instigated anything, but even if he did I would expect any dog of mine that was bigger than him to tell him "don't be a pain" then move him away and leave him alone. NOT to launch an attack and kill it. (not blaming whoever owned whichever dog allegedly attacked Wags as the owner may have had no idea but it pisses me off a bit when people say "the small dog instigated my dog attacking/killing it"

Omg, Wags started it?!?! Wow, just wow.

I seriously doubt he did anything to "start" a fight, and I've alluded to this before and it isn't always a popular opinion but I expect my dogs to accommodate for dogs that are smaller, less able, at some disadvantage etc to themselves, even if he did do something (again, i doubt he did).

I know there is an issue with some dogs behaving badly towards dogs bigger or stronger than themselves and I guess in theory they need to accept the consequences, but for me personally I expect my dogs, at least the 20kg one, to tolerate an annoying smaller dog snapping at her or whatever. In that situation I expect her to walk away, and that is what she does. If she didn't respond like that she would not ever be off leash around smaller dogs, simple as that.

So, I seriously doubt Wags instigated anything, but even if he did I would expect any dog of mine that was bigger than him to tell him "don't be a pain" then move him away and leave him alone. NOT to launch an attack and kill it. (not blaming whoever owned whichever dog allegedly attacked Wags as the owner may have had no idea but it pisses me off a bit when people say "the small dog instigated my dog attacking/killing it"

We have a rule in our house- no border collie teeth on the little dogs, no matter how much of a turd they are being! Leave them to us to deal with.

I have seen Cavaliers who start things, oh yes indeedy.......they start licking your face and oh boy they wont stop until they're finished. They will start on the treat jar and Ive not met one who wont finish it off.

And I also think there is a strong possibility that Wags did start a fight.........simply by being the vulnerable one in the loosely thrown together pack of unknowns.

ETA.....and that is no ones fault but the humans in charge of the dogs.

Edited by GrufLife

I have seen Cavaliers who start things, oh yes indeedy.......they start licking your face and oh boy they wont stop until they're finished. They will start on the treat jar and Ive not met one who wont finish it off.

And I also think there is a strong possibility that Wags did start a fight.........simply by being the vulnerable one in the loosely thrown together pack of unknowns.

I agree with this. :D

The photo posted earlier of the little cavalier surrounded by much larger dogs showed a very apprehensive dog. It would be like dumping a toddler in the middle of a football game. That poor little dog; she looks quite scared and there is no escape route.

Edited by sarsaparilla

Two words for Farmer Dave ''Bloody idiot'' all those dogs barging out the gate no control at all then jumping in the dam on top of each other .

He's a sly one that Farmer Dave how dare he bury Wags without

contacting the owner .

I saw the X Ray that Rob Zammit that poor little dog :(

I really don't get it....photo from today...small dogs in with large ones again and more than 5 dogs which they have previously claimed is all they have together...

Why are people allowing their dogs to be put in these situations?

post-4036-0-74510400-1434284372_thumb.jpg

I really don't get it....photo from today...small dogs in with large ones again and more than 5 dogs which they have previously claimed is all they have together...

Why are people allowing their dogs to be put in these situations?

Maybe all those dogs belong to the owners on the FB page who don't give a crap about their dogs! Farmer Dave sure as hell can't either.

Edited by Her Majesty Dogmad

My link

Poor Wags looks terriefied :(

the facebook link doesn't work

Isn't Alice supposedly a dingo cross? :/

I thought she was a dingo as soon as I saw the clip.

Neko would be dead in an instant at that place because as soon as one of my whippets even touches her when they're running, she squeals to warn them. If she did that in a group of excited boisterous dogs who dont know her she'd likely be torn to shreds. I can imagine if poor little Wags yelped because he was trodden on, or knocked the same thing would have happened. :(

Can someone post a link to the facility's page please?

My link

Poor Wags looks terriefied :(

the facebook link doesn't work

Isn't Alice supposedly a dingo cross? :/

I thought she was a dingo as soon as I saw the clip.

Neko would be dead in an instant at that place because as soon as one of my whippets even touches her when they're running, she squeals to warn them. If she did that in a group of excited boisterous dogs who dont know her she'd likely be torn to shreds. I can imagine if poor little Wags yelped because he was trodden on, or knocked the same thing would have happened. :(

Can someone post a link to the facility's page please?

Just go onto Facebook and search for Farmer Dave and it will come up.

Those people that allow their dogs to be turned out in large groups like that, are probably the exact same people that let their dogs run up to yours off-lead while they yell from a distance that: "He's friendly!"

They don't understand how to read doggy body language, and don't understand that not all dogs are as friendly as their own. I'm sure the thought of their dog getting involved in a fight never crosses their mind. The majority of dog owners have never witnessed a fight where the intent is to do serious damage. It's absolutely terrifying and it just happens so quickly.

In a group situation with highly aroused dogs, I imagine it would not take much to set a fight off.