Rescue Groups

My apologies if that has been covered already...

Acquaintances of mine have been talking for a while about getting a dog, and they now feel they are ready to take the plunge. They're still in the search stage but lean towards adopting an adult dog. They are a "mature" couple, no kids, living in an apartment with one of them working from home at times.

I think going through a reputable rescue group that fosters and temp test is the way to go (as opposed to adopting an unknown quantity from a pound).

I know of PAWS but was wondering if there are any other groups around Sydney you would recommend?

Thank you guys

Thank you guys!

Trying to narrow down the "options" with these friends and manage their expectations. I'll keep on browsing on the PAWS site and chatting to Jane once we are a bit clearer on what it is they realistically want!

Was about to say everything T said, you can trust Jane to place a dog and also give backup all the way.

Is that the cute little munchkin you brought to mine?

That's him, be still my beating heart!!

Could you please check my message Her Majesty Dogmad? Thank you!

Sorry Issy, have been flat out - was on the phone for over 3 hrs last night which is pretty typical of my evenings with rescue work!

No worries, glad we had a short chat yesterday. Would've loved to talk some more if it wasn't for the lost puppy!

Denise at Paws has the most gorgeous pair of poodles on her facebook at the moment...haha

I missed out on these two :cry:

T - you are too kind!

PAWS has some lovely dogs it's true. Depends what your friends want Fbaudry - I will message you and am happy to help.

I have an angel here who is just going up for adoption, he's so close to being a foster failure - I have to be strong!!

My little darling went to a wonderful new home today, I had a few tears but I could not be happier and they've sent me some happy snaps tonight so all good.

Thank you to Denise at PAWS for advertising my little man - Denise now has her own website in case anyone wants to have a look - www.deniseatpaws.com.au. She is no longer just "PAWS" but is "Denise at PAWS" and has a new website.