Research Project Into Compassion Fatigue In Welfare Workers And Vollie

I'm sharing this here in case anybody wants to participate - it's great to see some local research being done in the area of compassion fatigue in welfare workers and volunteers. It's a hugely important area that we really don't know nearly enough about.

The quality of the info they get is highly dependent on having lots of participants, so please get involved and share the link as much as you can.

https://animalsinsocietygroup.wordpress.com/participate-in-research-projects/

What does: "I am preoccupied with more than one animal I help" mean?

I assumed it meant not just the dogs in your care or your group's care but outside that circle.

eg I used to do a lot of pound dog listings and it was a lot of work but I had the easy part, volunteers doing constant temp testing were often exhausted by system and never ending flow of strays. It can become your constant shadow. 24/7. Up into the a.m's every night then starting again in the morning, they become dogs you feel responsible for. All of them. When there's a PTS it's heartbreaking.

That's what I'd say too Powerlegs. A big part of CF is your perspective changing so that you feel engulfed by the situation and unable to effect change, and one part of that is feeling like you have to help every animal in need.

I don't know the researchers, but CF in animal welfare and rescue people is a passion of mine (coz you are pretty special people!) so I'm keen to see this do well :)