How Do You Stow Your Training Gear?

I'm loving my new car, apart from one thing.

Being a station wagon, I now longer have a boot for storing all my training gear. Admittedly I don't need to have ALL of that stuff in there, BUT I'm one of these people who likes to be prepared. I can fit most of it into a large bag, but it is really annoying to have to go fishing through the bag to find a ball. Everything ends up all over the place and then I have to repack. Tedious.

So I'd love to find an alternative and wondered how the rest of you guys stow your gear in your cars.

The back seat of the station wagon is unlikely to have to deal with passengers on a regular basis. But may do from time to time.

I don't have any of these at the moment, but they're things I've considered :)

Searching for 'car organiser' on ebay brings both these types of things up.

1340242867621.jpg

22406.JPG

I'm actually thinking of buying or making something like the second picture to hang inside my linen cupboard door, there's some wasted space.

I'm getting a car organiser but it does get complicated with 3 dogs and 3 sports lol. I have a training bag that I keep stocked up with tugs, Dumbbells, dry treats plus bowls, water, hand cleaner and I take that with me. Unless I'm agility trialling the back floor always has gumboots, dummies, game bag and a white shirt for retrieving training. Agility I have to pack the car.

Edited by The Spotted Devil

This! http://www.supercheapauto.com.au/online-store/products/SCA-Organiser-Double-Boot-Black.aspx?pid=214356#Recommendations

Fits everything besides the sleeve, and the mesh pockets are awesome to dry out the tugs after a session. Seriously the best training bag I ever bought. And the cheapest. Other option is a cricket bag....

Will facebook you a pic of the back of my car later laugh.gif

I have a station wagon with custom crates installed in the boot. The crates are on top of a wooden shelf, so I can store some stuff under the shelf in short plastic containers with wheels (toys, poo bags, little cones etc) and I can fit tall skinny things under there like my camping chair, weave poles/tracking posts. Big stuff goes on the back seats (hurdles, tunnel).

I know you have something, but I use one of those big flexible plastic tubs from variety stores or hardware stores. In it I put a bag for food, a bag for toys, a bag for admin / record keeping / saca folder and poop bags. I also put in it a drink bottle for me, and a drink bottle for her and sometimes her drink bowl...

I also have a sample square of astro turf for targeting practice.

And I empty it out and repack it fairly often because it seems to accumulate leads and hats and coats and the toys escape and wander into the bottom... and some of the food does the same.

Dog loves helping with the repack.

The good thing about this kind of tub - is that if a horrible dog with an a-hole owner - should pee on it, it's easy clean up. And yes - when I'm training other than at dog club - this happens.