Ankc Rule Changes For Agility

I thought I would start a thread for discussion on the proposed rule changes for ANKC Agility. From what I can gather, the table is going, the wee-saw is being replaced with something in between what we have now & the full height. Games are no longer going to be judged in different height categories but will be simply 1st, 2nd & 3rd place like it is with Opens. Rumor has it that judges will no longer be setting a Standard Course Time (SCT) & in its place each state will have its own set of standard dogs. One for each dog height. These dogs will be chosen by a national panel of judges and housed at each canine control headquarters. :eek: These changes are going to be coming in January 2016.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The SCT thread was a joke! :laugh:

I hope you are right but apparantly leaked documents say that it is true :(

The whole thread was started in response to the other thread on leaked documents on what the new rules would be. This one is tongue in cheek, showing how riled up people can become over rumours (as we don't know what the new rules will be yet). You can tell it is a joke because it is absolutely ridiculous, nobody would vote to have dogs housed somewhere just to be the 'white dog' at competitions!

Michael's post was taking the p*ss :laugh:

I'm a bit shocked at the level of carry on over rumors, and how many people seemed to be totally oblivious to the rule changes process. :eek:

Everyone has different priorities and no-one is going to be 100% happy with the rules. No point getting knickers in a twist until it's all confirmed.

My biggest goal is that agility is made safer, and when I see metal jump cups are nearly obsolete in NSW vs the norm in Vic - making it "fair" for everyone pales a little in comparison.

The rules will be made public in a few weeks anyway. Why can't people just wait for them to come out and stop all this speculation?! There is nothing that can be done to change them now anyway so I wish people would stop harping on about it!

The rules will be made public in a few weeks anyway. Why can't people just wait for them to come out and stop all this speculation?! There is nothing that can be done to change them now anyway so I wish people would stop harping on about it!

X 2 :thumbsup:

ROFL. Because it's easier to sit at bash away at a keyboard than it is to go out and train your dog - which would be a much better use of time.

So you are all telling me that discussing the proposed changes to the rules should not be discussed at all. They are being discussed at our club meeting this Tuesday...I thought some people may have an opinion on them. I realise that nothing can be done about it, but where does that stop them being debated or discussed :confused: Sorry for wasting all your time...I shall go out in the rain & train my dogs till their paws drop off...or better still, I will go into Off Topic & join in the discussion on more "important" topics like what I am having for dinner :bolt:

The SCT thread was a joke! :laugh:

I hope you are right but apparantly leaked documents say that it is true :(Agility Nationals Facebook

:rofl: :rofl: Oh dear.

:thumbsup: Totally agree. What's the point in discussing what might be changing?

I have contributed to the thread on FB about separate heights :) I strongly believe in separate heights, for fairness and for recognition of achievement :)

The seesaw - well, it means yet another equipment change! And clubs having to get another new seesaw or at least base. Would have preferred back to the old height(big seesaw).

Table in or table out doesn't matter to me.

Edited by Kavik

So you are all telling me that discussing the proposed changes to the rules should not be discussed at all. They are being discussed at our club meeting this Tuesday...I thought some people may have an opinion on them.

The proposed changes should have been discussed many months ago, before they went to the ANKC meeting for decission. Discussing what might be changing or giving opinions before the rule changes are officially known seems a bit pointless to me!? It's not long before we'll all know the new rules.

I have contributed to the thread on FB about separate heights :) I strongly believe in separate heights, for fairness and for recognition of achievement :)

Yes I agree we should keep separate heights for the reasons you mention. I am a bit sad to see the table go. I thought it was a good discipline for Novice, but I don't like seeing it pop up in Masters or Games. It was one of those things that kept dogs in Novice a bit longer, but with having to get 5 Q's now for your Novice Title that will probably compensate for the removal of the table. The see saw change is probably better, as it will be easier to go from ANKC to AADA comp

FHRP & others, this is a free world so if you don't want to discuss the changes until they are released, then come back in two weeks time. It's a bit like being told that we can't discuss Government Policy till they are officially released. If you don't want to be in this thread, then you don't have to be. !!

Michael's post was taking the p*ss :laugh:

I'm a bit shocked at the level of carry on over rumors, and how many people seemed to be totally oblivious to the rule changes process. :eek:

Everyone has different priorities and no-one is going to be 100% happy with the rules. No point getting knickers in a twist until it's all confirmed.

My biggest goal is that agility is made safer, and when I see metal jump cups are nearly obsolete in NSW vs the norm in Vic - making it "fair" for everyone pales a little in comparison.

Absolutely agree! I find it laughable that people get their knickers in a knot that someone dared to put a tunnelbag on back to front with a handle exposed but the same people will quite happily run a course with metal jump cups without giving it a second thought - not to mention some of the chute placements I have seen. Can't see the point in discussing rumours and conjecture either but unfortunately if the rumour is true I don't think we're going to get much joy in the metal cup department

So you are all telling me that discussing the proposed changes to the rules should not be discussed at all. They are being discussed at our club meeting this Tuesday...I thought some people may have an opinion on them. I realise that nothing can be done about it, but where does that stop them being debated or discussed :confused: Sorry for wasting all your time...I shall go out in the rain & train my dogs till their paws drop off...or better still, I will go into Off Topic & join in the discussion on more "important" topics like what I am having for dinner :bolt:

I don't think discussing them is an issue - the issue is they haven't been officially released yet and many of us in other states haven't seen them at all and the first we're hearing of them is from 'leaks' which seems a bit unfair when you have those in the 'know' and those not. The process in Vic was fairly transparent in that all meetings were open (just a shame that they are always held miles from some of us) and everything published, plus the submissions from all states, but our rep has been ethical and not leaked anything, so for most of us this is all still conjecture and I believe should remain as such until the rules are released. Then discuss them all you want.

I agree - not much point discussing them because they aren't actually out yet! Not so much discussing them here - obviously I am particpating in that - but having a meeting at your club to discuss them seems to be jumping the gun a bit!

Like Jess I was amazed how many people on the Agility Australia FB page didn't know how the rules process worked at all, not so much new people but ones who had been involved for a while. Although even with new people (involved for 1-2 years) - I would've thought they would have seen calls for submissions, etc?

We are lucky in WA to have a fantastic transparent process where people put in submissions then we all have a meeting to vote on them, and then more meetings to discuss the other propsals that got through, and then the delegate votes according to how the people at the meeting voted. As KelpieChick said though this can be tough for country people.

The original "leak" (well the only one I am aware of anyway) was actually a report on the NZ agility website by someone from NZ who had sat in at the ANKC meeting and taken note of the changes that got through or not - so it wasn't actually a copy of the official rules. It has been removed now.

• 2 weeks later...

New rules are up on the ANKC site. Haven't had a thorough look, but the table has gone.

Table has gone.

See Saw is getting bigger.

More Q's needed for Novice and Excellent titles.

They were the big ticket items for me. Others seem to be concerned about the games being judged as one height class, but meh.....I won't be having to worry about that for a little bit. ;)