Breeding With Frozen Semen

Seita

Hi,

I'm looking at potentially importing some semen from New Zealand and am trying to work out a rough idea on approximate costs. Obviously there are going to be a lot more fees than using a local dog for a natural mating but can I get some ideas on what all of it will cost?

Can you lovely people give me an idea of what these things might cost?:

- collection fee?

- import/transport fee?

- storage fees?

- vet fees here in Aus for the actual AI?

- any other fees that I've missed?

- Obviously there will be a stud fee on top of this too.

It's very expensive There are agents that do every thing for you except find the dog and pay the stud fee. I have been looking i to Importing semen fromEurope. The people seem very helpful genes in Motion are one that I have spoken to they will be able to answer a lot of your questions.

Edited by mini girl

I pay $45 a year per cane. Not sure how many straws/unit's a cane holds but it does me. Surgical implant last year was approx $600. I an importing from England in the next 12 months and have budgeted for around $3500/$4,000 and that is for the collection, freezing, health testing etc. Does not include stud fee or incidentals like petrol for the stud dog owner to drive stud dog to collection centre. I will be getting a company to handle all the paper work etc and organising collection. There are fees for registering the semen here in Aus. Some companies offer a two tier system. Top level they do everything, 2nd level you do some organising yourself