Basic Nikon D3100 Settings?

Hey, just wondering if anyone who uses a similar camera for their dogs can give me the rundown on your basic settings? So I can copy them onto my manual :p idk what any of this stuff means, but sometimes i get nice pictures and sometimes they're grainy **** which dont do Thistle justice.

Thank c:

I use sport mode when they are moving and landscape when they aren't and it's outdoors and portrait when they are stationary indoors.. Most modern cameras auto modes will take very good photos especially when conditions are changing.

I use sport mode when they are moving and landscape when they aren't and it's outdoors and portrait when they are stationary indoors.. Most modern cameras auto modes will take very good photos especially when conditions are changing.

Great way to start... and if you are wanting to learn the settings to use in manual modes, you can look at the EXIF data on the photos that you have already taken to get a guideline from them... *grin*

If you want to see what my Canon camera gives me in Sports mode - very similar output to the Nikons - check out all these photos of dogs...

http://s6.photobucket.com/user/tdierikx/library/?sort=3&page=1

T.