Question About Lure Coursing

Kitt

Cassiel definitely sounds like a better bet! I didn't want to be a downer. It's just when we started, we really went in blind and Paige ended up at the vet as a result. I blame myself completely, and would hate to not say anything and have something go wrong.

Brandiandwe I think I just figured out who you are!

You may recognise this screaming Whippet.

Waves! Counting down the weeks to the first trial now. How's your little man doing?

Well there's always plenty of laughing when a dog disappears off into the distance, but not derision.

Stopping to pee on cones or pylons is always good for a laugh too.

They're dogs, as long as they're having fun it's all good!

Down at Kuraby, they don't have fun days, but every event is a fun day. If your dog doesn't run, he's one of many, that come and have a go, sometimes it takes a few goes for them to catch on. Sometimes it's just a great social event for you and your dogs as they're a fantastic group of people.

Thanks DobieMum. Sounds like it might be a fun thing to do even if we're just watching.

Letting them watch the others can help too.

Good idea, thanks Kirislin.

Well there's always plenty of laughing when a dog disappears off into the distance, but not derision.

Stopping to pee on cones or pylons is always good for a laugh too.

They're dogs, as long as they're having fun it's all good!

Thanks Sandra. Yeah, I can imagine that some dogs would just keep going!

Rosie was a flop! Haha. Whippet x Koolie, loves to run and run, is a big fan of catching low flying minah birds and toys, we were SURE she would love it, lo and behold she didn't know what was going on, then someone kindly offered to run her with theirs and see if she got it...she just wanted to play chase with the other dog!

Would love to try it again now she's a bit more confident and older, tempted to take the moron retriever too but I feel like he would end up in someone's lap rather than chasing the lure...

If it happens I will let you all know so you can watch for a laugh. Hahaha.

Rosie was a flop! Haha. Whippet x Koolie, loves to run and run, is a big fan of catching low flying minah birds and toys, we were SURE she would love it, lo and behold she didn't know what was going on, then someone kindly offered to run her with theirs and see if she got it...she just wanted to play chase with the other dog!

Would love to try it again now she's a bit more confident and older, tempted to take the moron retriever too but I feel like he would end up in someone's lap rather than chasing the lure...

If it happens I will let you all know so you can watch for a laugh. Hahaha.

Aww, sounds like Rosie had a good time anyway!

I took my dally and Wei once as they chased bunnies everyday on walks, but they had no interest in a plastic bag, they both took off to the long grass around the edge of the course and started bunny hunting :laugh:

I took my dally and Wei once as they chased bunnies everyday on walks, but they had no interest in a plastic bag, they both took off to the long grass around the edge of the course and started bunny hunting :laugh:

Ha! I have a sneaking suspicion that my hound would stop and eat the grass. Like a cow. A weird, skinny cow.

Elsie was absolutely psychotic about lure coursing from the first time she saw it! It is her absolute favourite dog sport!

:)

Awesome! They look like they were having so much fun! Thanks for sharing. :)