Sick Dog

swazzie

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Labs have perfected the art of making you feel so bad when they miss a meal for whatever reason, they make it very tough on us and certainly let us know they are not happy. Hang tough as hard as it is as he doesn't know it is for his own good. Not long to go now, so hopefully tomorrow you will get the definitive diagnosis and your poor boy will get his dinner. All the best for tomorrow and hugs for Bru.

Edited to correct Bru's name which auto corrected to Bruce.

Edited by labadore

Chloe had been pinching Bru's food when he wasn't eating before we started watching him and then separating them for meals.

So we feel mean doing this, but we've have put her on same nil by mouth as Bru today! I'll feed her in morning when Bru is in the car. We just can't feed her and not him, he would know and she really needs to lose some weigh anyhow.

It's the first time I've never fed them- I feel guilty but I know in her case she'll be 100% fine .

Edited by swazzie

Yeah it is hard when you have a couple of Labs and have to withhold food from one of them. At least they can commiserate together about their awful mum starving them, and both will be giving you the evil eye and trying to use mental telepathy to convince you to feed them, lol.

Not long to go now.

Lol yes that's pretty much what I'm getting

Both chomping and now dh is in kitchen and they are both standing staring at him. ????

He's wagging his tail so must still be feeling ok ????

It's cancer for sure, his chest is covered in tumours (X-ray )

It's secondary , they don't know where primary is, could be anywhere .

Second scan of tummy was clear.

There is nothing they can do, it's a matter of trying to keeping him eating and pain free.

We're heartbroken

My lovely friends bought me a photo session for my birthday, so we're are going to try and do that ASAP .

He's still wagging his tail - it's so unfair.

It's cancer for sure, his chest is covered in tumours (X-ray )

It's secondary , they don't know where primary is, could be anywhere .

Second scan of tummy was clear.

There is nothing they can do, it's a matter of trying to keeping him eating and pain free.

We're heartbroken

My lovely friends bought me a photo session for my birthday, so we're are going to try and do that ASAP .

He's still wagging his tail - it's so unfair.

Oh swazzie, I am so so sorry your worst fears have been realised :cry: , I feel truly sickened and saddened for you and your gorgeous boy. :hug: and I know how heartbroken and devastated you must be feeling :hug: My heart goes out to you and I am sending lots of hugs for Bru, poor poor boy. Keeping Bru and you in my thoughts as you digest this terrible news and go through this nightmare :hug:

Life is so unfair :cry:

I have been reading your post without commenting, but now I want to say that I am so very sorry for this devastating news. For a moment I thought all might be well but it was not to be.

Enjoy every moment you have with Bru, take lots of photos and videos. I know what time he has will be filled with love and caring from his family.

Stay strong swazzie. Sending you and Bru hugs.

:hug:

Edited by White Shepherd mom

So very sorry to hear this , was hopeing for a different outcome

It is heartbreaking , lots of memories to be made and lots of photos

When my girl had cancer the vet gave her high doses of Prednisilone and we gave her lots of Omega ( salmon ) etc and lots of smaller meals to keep her tummy full and stopped her from loosing more weight

so heartbreaking for you all

:cry: