Terrible Things Your Dog Is Forced To Endure

I too shall make an effort to Pooh Shop!

I pushed Tempeh to the brink this evening. I got stuck at mum and dad's (mum's dementia is worsening) and I got home at exactly 5:18pm. Dinner should be in the bowl and under her nose no later than 5:30pm so I was cutting it fine. I desperately needed to pee and I had a whole heap of bags with me so dinner was not officially served until 5:38pm and she was so not happy! I heard her make noises I've never heard before! She still has the shits and instead of putting herself to bed already (electric blanket is on just for her) she is running around stirring up trouble with the other dogs to pay me back. It's going to be a long night.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This one is on ebay in Sydney but he is 22cm and $11.99 + $8 postage ( only 1 left ) - I don't know how to post a link but have a look and if you can't find it I can buy it and keep it in the car so I can give it to you at the park the next time you or the OH is up there with the dogs

post-48489-0-64192900-1436948553_thumb.jpg

Okay, to those kind people who said they would Pooh hunt, here is the Pooh Bear, he is about a foot tall in old money or I am guessing nearly 14 centimetres? He is not as orange as a lot of Pooh's h is more of a yellow tan kind of colour, and has dark brown plush nose, eyes and brows.He doesn't have button eyes they are stitched. He has no seeds beans in him just stuffing. (I have seen the inside LOL). Oh he also has a very rounded tummy.

Grumpette, I have a soft floppy Tigger that is just a bit bigger than Pooh, it is not identical to yours, but very similar and I am happy to send it if you think it would do? I will post a picture in a minute.

post-35855-0-92784000-1436939316_thumb.jpg

Pooh has been loaded onto the phone for future reference while Op Shopping.

Thank you so much for the offer of Tigger. Unfortunately, Baylee passed away at the end of 2013, so we don't require a new Tigger anymore.

Sorry Grumpette I knew she had passed, I didn't realise she was the only one who played with it. I hope it didn't upset you.

No of course not. I love any excuse to look at Baylee photos and reminisce :)

Dozer has not been allowed to indulge his latest bad habit of counter surfing.

All edible things have been pushed out of the reach of his mouth.

He was also incredibly accurate with his dinner time reminder this evening, at exactly 5pm on the dot be jumped off the couch barked softy once and looked at me expectantly.

Sometimes he will sleep until 5:10, but not today.

Right pooh hunt is on.

Are Rotties just the most obliging photo op dogs or do you always have a camera handy grumpette. I love the crazy eyes.

Jakes latest round of suffering involved having me sleep on his derrière. He was first in bed and laid himself across the pillows. I'm not too discerning so just plonked my head down on whatever cushy space was available. Nice and toasty warm it was.

I usually have the phone or camera within reach, as they do the cutest or most ridiculous things when I am very comfortable or otherwise engaged. They are great attention seekers.

We had a most stressful moment last night. Got home late from work, with shopping in hand. Let the dogs out to the toilet, while putting the shopping away. I found the chicken lollies (fresh chicken necks) and put them in their bowls, then went out the front to put the rubbish in the bin.

Unbeknownst to me, the OH let them inside. They bolted to their bowls expectantly, but I was not inside. I heard them thunder to the front door in an absolute panic. As soon as I came in, they ran to the kitchen, looking back to make sure that I was following, and promptly sat in front of their bowls, looking at me eagerly.

I told them to "eat" and relieved their anxiety. :rofl: Crisis averted. They have to wait to be told to eat.

OH did not even realise that there was food in their bowls, so went back to his office.

This one is on ebay in Sydney but he is 22cm and $11.99 + $8 postage ( only 1 left ) - I don't know how to post a link but have a look and if you can't find it I can buy it and keep it in the car so I can give it to you at the park the next time you or the OH is up there with the dogs

Thanks, I will go and look now, I have an eBay account so should be able to find it, do you happen to know the seller's name? Hope you are well - I haven't been up there for a bit - should be back in a couple of weeks once my new knee is strong enough smile.gif

Poor Neko

My dad once made me stand on a beaver dam for a photo. Only one problem - beaver dam in summer - perfect environment for a thick black cloud of gigantic hungry black mozzies so I think I couldn't be still and that photo didn't turn out - I never saw it later that's for sure.

Forgot to add I tortured my dog by cooking roast dinner and making gravy and not letting her lick the pans. for some reason I only let her pre-rinse ceramic - not metal. Maybe I think her spit will dissolve the metal.

We did get to play can you tell the difference between a ball and a Frisbee for bacon scraps. No we can't, but we will fetch you everything...

Edited by Mrs Rusty Bucket

Poor Dozer, who got to sleep in the bed last night was not allowed to steal my pillows at 5am when I got up to go to the bathroom.

I came back to bed to find him laying on my pillows, so I just popped my head down on him and he jumped off the bed.

Poor puppy didn't even want to get up this morning, was happy to be in a pile of blankets.

Ernie has a $400 wooden kennel that is out of drafts and under cover. It has an off side door, out of the drafts, and even a little covered porch.

Will he use it? NO.

Mean people to try and make him when he'd rather sit out in freezing rain and wait for us to come home.

Ernie has a $400 wooden kennel that is out of drafts and under cover. It has an off side door, out of the drafts, and even a little covered porch.

Will he use it? NO.

Mean people to try and make him when he'd rather sit out in freezing rain and wait for us to come home.

Oh good. Mine isn't the only one then.

Basker was not happy about not being able to save mum from the horrible colourful furry monster on her head. It's eating you mum, I must kill it.

No, Bas, that's my beanie. Stop it.

Beanies are just socks for you head. All socks must die.

Oh what? I'm not allowed to kill the sock / beanie - you're just being mean, kill joy.

(only buy cheap beanies cos they don't last long around here).

We have lost a few beanies and scarves too...haha