How Often Do You Feed Your Dog(S)?

Guest crazydoglady99

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 times a day. BARF in the morning, raw meaty bones for lunch and dinner. It's just what works in nicely with our schedules - no specific times though. Breakfast could be between 6-9am, Lunch is between 1-3pm and dinner is 6-8pm.

• 1 month later...

Dinner is the main meal with meat and bickies. Soaked as one vomits hers up if dry.

Breckie. is chicken carcass, egg and bickies. , or sardines and bickies. on a three day rotation. Breakfast is more a snack than a meal. :)

Two meals a day here for everyone. My childhood dog died from bloat, and owning a breed that is prone to bloat, we thought it was better to breakdown their daily 'rations' into two separate meals. On top of their regular meals, they will also bones and treats.

Same here, don't have a particularly bloat prone breed now, but did have one and he did bloat, so I'll always be paranoid and always feed any dog I have smaller meals multiple times a day now.

Plus my current boy actually works better with some food in him. If I don't feed him anything and go training he's not on point, seems to need a little bit in his stomach.

Mine all get two meals per day, sometimes just the one if its a big meaty bone or chunk and if so usually given around late morning

And i fast them occasionally too.

I use their breakfasts and dinner as training treats most of the time for brain exercise as well as work on balance discs. So It just works nicely like that.

And there is no set time for meals, its roughly 6.30-7.30 am and anywhere between 4pm and 8pm for dinner.

The pup gets a lunch as well :) And they get the occasional treat/kong wobbler with kibble when i go out.

And yes, excellent condition and coats :)

But i did read an article for uni, this one: http://k9joy.com/dog...od01stomach.pdf

And found it interesting.

Edited by denali

A bone that gets fully eaten for breakfast and then raw food for dinner, with the potion size of the evening meal being dependant on the size of the bone she gets in the morning i.e. If she gets a large bone then dinner is really just a token meal of say one chicken wing and one neck.

We don't generally don't do treats or snacks throughout the day and we never share our food.

We feed our malamute 3 times a day - once in the morning (smaller meal), bigger meal at tea time (around 5pm) and a smaller meal later (anywhere between 9-11pm). He was vomiting 4 or 5 times a week in the mornings before we added the later meal, it would just be bile and foam, so we started trialling a later meal so his stomach acid wouldn't build up and make him vomit. Have had great success with this.

2 meals throughout the day - usually a fully raw meal (whether it be sardines, chicken carcass/necks, salmon belly, etc.) for a late breakfast (usually at 10 am or so) and for dinner usually their dry food mixed with raw egg and fish oil (normally 6-7pm).

• 1 month later...