Where Do You Buy Your Collars?

I want to get new collars for my guys, and also would like to find one that my foster will be able to go to her new home with.

The foster is going to need a limited slip collar, but one with a webbing slip section (no chain).

My guys I'd like something not plain, not so heavy it damages their coat and with a clip. At the moment they have black dog collars, which I like but I think it would be nice to have something just a little more fancy!!

And the last criteria, cost effective!!! I really don't have much spare money so am looking for cost effective options.

I was going to say that we use Black Dog collars and harnesses leads and longline .... But your right Pretty Miss Emma , they aren't that fancy looking...To be fair , they have a choice of colours ..... And what matters most :- comfort, safety and durability ( black dog repairs frayed or chewed items) As novices we spent the better part of $1000 working out what to deck our two rescues out in . We felt stupid and smug when we discovered the best products for us are being manufactured in Ferntree Gully Melbourne ! It would be fun to play dress ups and have snazzy collars for special occasions... But unless we win one in a raffle or something , I will not blow another cent on superfluous items sold by pet industries ! Hope the fosters find great homes x

I have heaps of fancy collars and leads including lupine but still end up using the black dog ones as they are much softer on hands and good on their coats. You could try rogz as well PME.

I gave up on fancy collars as you can just never see them. Rogz collars are what I actually use but they only have collars on when we are out so I don't work too much about coat damage. A friend has a nice rolled leather buckle collar for her dogs that is good on coat.

Just ordered on Facebook from Custom pet collars, their name and my phone number are embroidered in the collar itself. No more worrying about name tags falling off.

Very happy with the quality and they are comfortable for the dogs

For the foster dogs or walking my own dogs, I use the Blackdog martingales. I've never had one break and they seem to last forever. For fancy looking martingale collars, either Meggie Moo or The Eclectic Hound. Tag collars, I just make myself because it's cheaper and I can make exactly what I want to match their coats.

• 5 weeks later...

Another vote for comfort flex from Clean Run here - I ordered some about eight days ago and they arrived today, four collars, two 1.5 metre leads and postage for around 100 dollars. The leads are super soft on the hands but very strong hardware and stitching. I have some comfort flex collars that are 3 years old and still going strong, just a bit faded from lots of swimming and washing.

I love WINDCHILL for limited slip collars and leads. NO chain, no buckles and very strong at a reasonable price. All made to order and fast delivery. Check out their website www.windchill.com.au . I have never had one come off or break.

K9creations for both normal and slip collar for me - bonus is you can email them with patterns you would like! They're currently on holiday and it's about a 2-3 week wait to get stuff, maybe a month if busy. Also can get extra padding.

Just placed an order for a 2nd collar today! and one for a friend.

I also have a lovely rogz in purple side release and a matching martingale but they only do chain ones I think :(

Edited by Thistle the dog

I want to get new collars for my guys, and also would like to find one that my foster will be able to go to her new home with.

The foster is going to need a limited slip collar, but one with a webbing slip section (no chain).

My guys I'd like something not plain, not so heavy it damages their coat and with a clip. At the moment they have black dog collars, which I like but I think it would be nice to have something just a little more fancy!!

And the last criteria, cost effective!!! I really don't have much spare money so am looking for cost effective options.

what breed is your foster that it needs a limited slip?

Dogs by the Bay do a fantastic range of fabrics and collar styles, including martingale collars.

https://www.etsy.com/au/shop/dogsbythebay?section_id=13000993&ref=shopsection_leftnav_1

Pops got these awesome zombie and sugar skulls ones.

https://www.etsy.com/au/listing/221913109/zombies-dog-collar-martingale-buckle-or?ref=shop_home_active_2&ga_search_query=zombie

https://www.etsy.com/au/listing/123734425/day-of-the-dead-dia-de-los-muertos-dog?ref=shop_home_active_2&ga_search_query=skulls

Rozzie - they also do cat collars so pretty sure they would do teeny dog ones.