Gazebos

Sheridan

I know a lot of show people use Oztrail gazebos. I bought one recently but looking at it, it won't fit in any car I get if I also want to fit the dogs in. What are my other options gazebo wise? Does anyone have another type that nicely folds up into a car boot or back seat?

An Oztrail Compact Deluxe used to fit perfectly in the footwell of my back seats in a small SUV. The compact deluxe is stronger than the compact, same solid legs and roof quality as the 3x 3 Deluxe but they are 2.4 m x 2.4 m.

Edited by Jess.

Compact gazebo easily fits lying down across the back seats of my X-trail. Dogs in the back. If I'm carrying a youngster in a crate on the back seat I strap the gazebo in vertically against one door. It's a tight fit but it works. If I had 2 crates in the back seat I'd lie the gazebo across the top. I've just spent the weekend camping with 2 dogs and pup so I'm pretty good at filling my car...it's like playing Tetris!

My OzTrail 3x3m fits in the footwell of my Rav, or will fit from boot to back of front seats if I fold the back seats down. Dog can be in boot or clipped to back or front seat with the footwell setup, or remaining back or front seat if seat is folded.

In my Yaris, I had to jam it in on a diagonal from back seat to roof, and then slam the door shut and hope I got it closed in time! Dog was in front seat.

Just be careful in buying your gazebo, and consider what you need it for. My one apparently is not to be used in any wind conditions...and subsequently bent during the agility states the other weekend! Others are okay in wind, so check out stats first.

But where do the dogs go in these scenarios?

My dogs have always and will always travel on the backseat. For trialling the dogs are on the backseat (with backseat buddy set up) and I'm still able to fit the 3m x 3m gazebo, a gazebo mat, 2 x wire dog crates (folded up though), a collapsible chair and anything else I need. Even though they're small, the Getz has an amazing amount of storage space!

Edited by RiverStar-Aura

In the Prius the seats are put down and the gazebo is put to one side or across the back of the front seats and the dogs sit either next to or behind it. The same way theu would travel in that car without the gazebo. In the ford the gazebo goes in the boot and the dogs are on the back seat.

But where do the dogs go in these scenarios?

Gazebo in footwell, dogs on back seat in harnesses. Worked brilliantly because the gazebo took up most of the footwell space and sat flush with the back seat, so the dogs actually had extra space in the back seat. :thumbsup: