Alpha Dog Training In Knoxfield

Not really appropriate to discuss the pro's and con's of a company online.... EVERY business will have their knockers....

There are trainers here who are regular posters on the forum... but this does not mean that is any recommendation to their efficiency.

Exactly the same as there are trainers who are not part of Dogzonline clique - hence do not get recommendations....

You can always discuss or watch sessions and make your own opinion.

I don't have any personal experience of alpha whatsit.

I would be vaguely worried about an organisation that named itself after a debunked wolf pack study. Hopefully their training is not based on that study because it relates to wild wolves kept in very close quarters of captivity so it's like equating human behaviour in overcrowded prisons to the rest of social interaction.

This article outlines what I look for in dog trainers

http://www.k9protraining.com.au/how-to-choose-a-dog-trainer/

I personally can't see the point of sending a dog away to be trained - if I don't get the same training or my poor methods will undo anything that was done by the professionals. But I do notice from their website they do train the humans too.

And there's positive / reward based training that's good and some that's not so good. So I'd be back to Steve's article - if what they were telling me didn't make sense, or was a bunch of stuff I would not be comfortable doing (too embarrassing is just as bad as too aggressive), I'd be looking elsewhere.

• 2 months later...

Not really appropriate to discuss the pro's and con's of a company online.... EVERY business will have their knockers....

There are trainers here who are regular posters on the forum... but this does not mean that is any recommendation to their efficiency.

Exactly the same as there are trainers who are not part of Dogzonline clique - hence do not get recommendations....

So Im guessing that a dog forum would be about discussions on dogs in all areas, I think its very appropriate to discuss online, unless they have something to hide.

So Im guessing that a dog forum would be about discussions on dogs in all areas, I think its very appropriate to discuss online, unless they have something to hide.

Mellymoo

It's not about something to hide, it's about lawsuits.

hence we can discuss what makes a good trainer in our opinion but ideally not a specific company - unless they've made the news and been convicted or something that's already out in the open eg techniques used in a tv broadcast.

If you want to discuss the pros and cons of a specific trainer or company - maybe you could also provide the legal fees for defending what you say?

Check out their website.

A company name based on an out of date training philosophy.

More jargon on their website than you can jump over.

Frequent assertions that they are the only trainers worth anything and that what they do is "new" and "revolutionary".

Sounds more like a combination of an Amway franchise and a cult. I'd run a mile :laugh: I bet they have "new" and "revolutionary" ways of parting folk from their hard earned.

Edited by Haredown Whippets

Mellymoo - we are usually careful when discussing actual people/businesses - as mentioned, because of lawsuits !

The forum is owned by an individual ..and it is HE who cops any flak from slander/defamation .

because he is a nice guy , and our hero, we try & avoid him being sued!!

Are you associated with them?

SAS... noI have nothing to do with them .... not that has anything to do with my comments... I would say exactly the same about someone making comments about any business....

in fact it is very easy to see who I am.... just check my profile.... my website is there.... I have nothing to hide - however I do note that there are many here who are anonymous and have very little information on their profile....

Edited by alpha bet

I have nothing to hide

Can I have your banking details... I'd like to make a transfer. It's not about what you have to hide or not. Everyone has stuff they should hide.

- however I do note that there are many here who are anonymous and have very little information on their profile

And this is a bad thing? Personally I tend not to have the user name twice on any forum or social media. That way if I attract unwanted attention from bad people on one site I don't have to shut down every site. It's also good to have different password for every site.

Mrs Rusty Bucket..... Please note: I was not the one who was critical of anyone.... I was pointing out that we should not be trashing a business on a public forum... after all most people on here are under a nickname..... which is allowable under the rules of this forum.

However then people need to realise that often the people giving advice or placing opinions or recommendations about products or services are also often anonymous... hence therefore difficult to take into account whether these comments are of any real worth...

However it is important to note that a post here was asking if I was connected to the business being criticised.

I was pointing out that I was not... and that in fact if they had bothered to check my profile to see for themselves, they would see that I am not - in fact I operate a training business that could be in direct competition....

And if you wish I shall give you my PAYPAL account and you may deposit any monies via there......

Best wishes.

I am going to object to this bit. I recommend the Dogzonline trainers that I have actually met. Not because they are in a clique.

SAS... noI have nothing to do with them .... not that has anything to do with my comments... I would say exactly the same about someone making comments about any business....

in fact it is very easy to see who I am.... just check my profile.... my website is there.... I have nothing to hide - however I do note that there are many here who are anonymous and have very little information on their profile....

I based my comments on an examimation of their website. And I stand by them.

And if you wish I shall give you my PAYPAL account and you may deposit any monies via there......

Lol

I actually like the stuff you post about dog training.

I also recommend trainers I've seen linked from here - most of them don't post here at all. I keep a list mostly based on customer recommendations... and those customers - they have to be regular posters here, and I have to like what they say about training too.

And from time to time I update the list I've got based on what people say and what I've experienced. I don't know all of them face to face, but I know some of them face to face.

This particular company - there's no customers posting about them here, the website isn't real clear on what training methods they use. Alpha connected with dog training does put me off some - eg Alpha dog roll - is just a good way to get bitten. A dog volunteers submission - if you force it - you haven't got it.

But it would also be a clever way to get in all the Alpha top dog fans in and retrain them with the "new" better ways of doing things.

Not sure about Mellymoo - comes here and posts once every three months - what is going on?

Lol

I also recommend trainers I've seen linked from here - most of them don't post here at all. I keep a list mostly based on customer recommendations... and those customers - they have to be regular posters here, and I have to like what they say about training too.

And from time to time I update the list I've got based on what people say and what I've experienced. I don't know all of them face to face, but I know some of them face to face.

This particular company - there's no customers posting about them here, the website isn't real clear on what training methods they use. Alpha connected with dog training does put me off some - eg Alpha dog roll - is just a good way to get bitten. A dog volunteers submission - if you force it - you haven't got it

But it would also be a clever way to get in all the Alpha top dog fans in and retrain them with the "new" better ways of doing things.

Not sure about Mellymoo - comes here and posts once every three months - what is going on?

I was a customer and I replied to the OP via PM.

Lol

This particular company - there's no customers posting about them here, the website isn't real clear on what training methods they use. Alpha connected with dog training does put me off some - eg Alpha dog roll - is just a good way to get bitten. A dog volunteers submission - if you force it - you haven't got it

I was a customer and I replied to the OP via PM.

This is interesting. I guess it explains why there wasn't much follow up from Mellymoo - she got an answer even if the rest of us are still in the dark.