2015 Australian National Ipo Open Championship

No BH for us today. :(

BUT...I'm still pretty happy with the day. She did very well on a couple of things I was worried about. And did a very joyful Recall. Which is to say she did a few Bog Laps at incredible speed and enthusiasm before actually coming to me. She looked so happy. You couldn't be mad at her.

I'm also terrifically glad I did it, even though we weren't really ready. I learnt a lot about myself and how to handle the nerves.

No BH for us today. :(

BUT...I'm still pretty happy with the day. She did very well on a couple of things I was worried about. And did a very joyful Recall. Which is to say she did a few Bog Laps at incredible speed and enthusiasm before actually coming to me. She looked so happy. You couldn't be mad at her.

I'm also terrifically glad I did it, even though we weren't really ready. I learnt a lot about myself and how to handle the nerves.

I am rapt that you gave it a go and that Willow completed some great work. Such a brilliant start to your Dog Sport journey. The best thing is that you both came away from it with some new skills and knowledge, and that you are both happy and enthusiastic. A huge effort.

That look on your face during your recall. I know that look so well :rofl:

I also know the jarring feeling of a dog coming in full flight on a recall. I instinctively bend my knees now.

And what a fantastic place to track.

Brilliant effort.

That look on your face during your recall. I know that look so well :rofl:

I also know the jarring feeling of a dog coming in full flight on a recall. I instinctively bend my knees now.

And what a fantastic place to track.

Brilliant effort.

I said to one of my teammates that we will be forever known as, "That Rottie at the Nationals......."

I couldn't be mad, she had been soooooooooo good all week. I had a funny feeling she would have a bust out moment.

When she finally came, it was a front to be envious of straight, close and with THE biggest grin a Rott can manage. So pleased with herself.

Edited by Dory the Doted One

I am never very good at the "linkie thingies" to here on Dogzonline from youtube, but Adelaide Sportdog facebook page has just put up a whole heap of video from the tracking and individual tests....

:thumbsup:

Edited by biker girl

Ok I went out in the hopes of finding you guys and because I started at the Beach end of Grand Junction road - I ended up going up May Terrace, and based on where the dot is on the map that your facebook page and website have.. ended up turning right from May terrace up Eastern Pde. And never saw anything that looked like dog training.

I'm pretty sure there is a football oval if I'd turned right but I didn't figure out how to turn around and check that out because of the canal so ended up watching a game of Hockey at Port Adelaide Hockey Club (Hart St) instead.

I think I will need to exchange mobile numbers - otherwise as best I can tell from your FB page etc - secret location.

that's the point Ness. I went up Eastern Parade and didn't see it at all only big sheds and factory looking things. But I didn't do the end where the football/cricket oval is (which is not where their map says). Is it towards Grand Junction or away from May Terrace? Is it that football oval? Cos if it is - then the web page and facebook page need updating.

I presume its the football/cricket oval on the map. Best way I could describe to get there is drive up Eastern Parade until you find a point you can do a U-turn. Then you drive back down the other side of the canal and there is a carpark/oval. Its pretty easy to spot.

Well presuming you are coming from Grand Junction Road which is the way I normally come and then turn left onto Eastern Parade. Its not that far off the corner but you do have to go a fair way down the road before you can get across the canal bit.

Edited by ness

Well presuming you are coming from Grand Junction Road

Kind of. But when you use the facebook page map and your phone to navigate and you're coming from the beach...

It all goes to hell.

I will need to swap phone numbers with DTDO or redfox so I know when they will be there, cos I'm not going home to Mitcham after going to Tennyson Beach and then going to Sportdog.

Found a great hamburger shop nearby on Grand Junction Road too. In the block of shops on the corner of McGregor Tce. BBQ Choice chickens or something. Not the one on the corner (doesn't do beef burgers) but the next one in.