It's Time...

tdierikx

Thanks all... it hits us all when things like this happen,yes? There but for the grace of God and all that...

The tears will come at dinner time, when I'm one bowl short...

T.

We still have Baylee's bowl in place 18 months after her passing, and Dee eats in her spot next to Baylee's and Zeph in his, as if she was still here. It just seems right that way, and the dogs aren't confused.

Just a suggestion :flower:

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks all... it hits us all when things like this happen,yes? There but for the grace of God and all that...

The tears will come at dinner time, when I'm one bowl short...

T.

We still have Baylee's bowl in place 18 months after her passing, and Dee eats in her spot next to Baylee's and Zeph in his, as if she was still here. It just seems right that way, and the dogs aren't confused.

Just a suggestion :flower:

My guys get fed in separate rooms... one less door to make sure is closed... *sigh*

Oh T, I've just seen this. Sending you big hugs.

Your two girls will be playing up a storm over the bridge, and I'm sure my Tess will be trying to join in with their games.

I'm sure Tess will be showing Zeddy the ropes, and where the best sunny spot for snoozing is...

T.

Very sorry for your loss.

I found dinner time just after our beautiful Greta had passed as one of the most heartbreaking moments for me also.

Adjusting is tough, it's been three weeks since we said goodbye to our girl.

I am sure your lovely Zeddy had a wonderful life with you and we are sending your our thoughts and prayers to you.

Ray

Sorry T I only just saw this thread. You know I understand. Hugs. And big licks from Stevie and Sam (little one from JoJo).

Vale Zeddy, cuddle queen!

Edited by Comrade Catdogs

Thanks all... dinner time was interesting... poor Pickles went looking for Zeddy's spot after dinner to see if she'd left any scraps...

Trouble still unsure about change in morning routine.

Upside, I got to sleep in today due to not having to let Zeddy out early to go potty.

T.

Thanks all... dinner time was interesting... poor Pickles went looking for Zeddy's spot after dinner to see if she'd left any scraps...

Trouble still unsure about change in morning routine.

Upside, I got to sleep in today due to not having to let Zeddy out early to go potty.

T.

Yep I know what you mean T - While I adore Mac, he's a very high maintenance oldie - and I do wonder what on earth I'll do with my time when he goes to God...

Thanks all...

westiemum - Zeddy was pretty low maintenance right up until the end... she was fine at 5pm for dinner, but at 11pm she collapsed, couldn't walk properly, and was panting that pain pant... and she was giving me the eyes that say it all. There was no doubt that it was just her time at that point - and the vet agreed that it was time too.

T.