2016 Agilty Nationals

I don't think it's too early to start a 2016 nationals thread :p (I mean there's already plenty of drama about it on Facebook already lol)

So who's going?

Being in my home state I don't think I have an excuse not to go this time!

What's the drama this time? :laugh:

The "lollipop" tyre we have in SA :laugh:

Lots of people are complaining that it's dangerous and not fair for dogs from other states because they won't recognize it as a tyre obstacle...

We will be there :) Probably trialling 7 dogs; Delta, Link, Whip, Rush, Fuze, Shock and Boost (she will 20months and presumably ready to trial then). Hype (pyrenean shepherd) will only be 16 months (and probably way too immature until he is 2 LOL) but he will come along for the ride. Dash is still trialling well atm but will be nearly 14 so she might just run pairs or something.

We will be there :) Probably trialling 7 dogs; Delta, Link, Whip, Rush, Fuze, Shock and Boost (she will 20months and presumably ready to trial then). Hype (pyrenean shepherd) will only be 16 months (and probably way too immature until he is 2 LOL) but he will come along for the ride. Dash is still trialling well atm but will be nearly 14 so she might just run pairs or something.

You will be very busy :laugh: I HAVE to meet Hype! Never seen a pyr shep in real life (as I assume most Australian's haven't lol).

Lots of people are complaining that it's dangerous and not fair for dogs from other states because they won't recognize it as a tyre obstacle...

That and the lack of separate heights for open and games in the rules review. I feel really sorry for the organisers as they've copped a hiding already, and the rules review outcome hasn't helped them either.

I'll be there with my two (my eldest is retired now), this will be my second Nats - first one was Vic. I've planned to attend all of them since and haven't made it yet but will be making sure I get to SA :thumbsup:

I won't be - pity about the venue choice there is no way I can enter without having to add accommodation in and Kenz isn't sound enough to warrant it. If it had been more central I might have put her in for a run or two but its a little to far away for that.

LOL Jess. I did get to SA 2007 and WA 2010 as well as Vic, and hope to get there next year. Depends a bit on how Kirra is going. She'll be 14.5 by then, so maybe not up to the traveling, or being left. Playing it by ear at the moment.

Not worried about the lollipop tyres ... didn't cause our dogs problems in 2007. We enjoyed Adelaide .. of course it helped that Tasmania won the teams event that year :rofl:

That and the lack of separate heights for open and games in the rules review. I feel really sorry for the organisers as they've copped a hiding already, and the rules review outcome hasn't helped them either.

I feel sorry for them too, it's really out of their control. For all the work they're putting into this event, seems all they're getting is complaints and criticism.

Such a shame. Sometimes I think the harder people work the more they cop.

I often don't agree with decisions or ways things are run, but if I'm not part of the process then I think it's polite to shut my mouth and be thankful that someone else has taken the time out of their life to put an event on for me and my dogs.

Such a shame. Sometimes I think the harder people work the more they cop.

Aint that the truth!

I often don't agree with decisions or ways things are run, but if I'm not part of the process then I think it's polite to shut my mouth and be thankful that someone else has taken the time out of their life to put an event on for me and my dogs.

People would enjoy it a lot more if they stopped nit picking and playing for sheep stations and headed to Nats with one goal - have fun with their dogs and their mates :D

Would love to, but so much $$$! Ping won't be ready yet then either :(

Any Aussies thinking about coming over for NZKC 2016 Nationals? Will be in my home town :D

I'd love to, but just not ready to commit to Mr Snap travelling that far, Xena is a risk at Kennel Club heights and I love Woo to bits, but I wouldn't go that far to run her. Snap will only just be trialling and that's a big risk.

Maybe 2017 or 2018 though. Would love to meet his sister Flirt who lives over there. :)

I won't be - pity about the venue choice there is no way I can enter without having to add accommodation in and Kenz isn't sound enough to warrant it. If it had been more central I might have put her in for a run or two but its a little to far away for that.

Same - my home state but I won't go as it may as well be interstate. With work I was never going to be able to do all days so was hoping for West Beach and being able to pick a couple of days to enter. No way I can do that with Wirrina. It is a lovely place though. I do wonder how accommodation will go given the vast majority of locals will also be needing a place to stay.

• 2 weeks later...

I usually count on one National a year...agility, Dalmatian or retrieving. This year Dally and retrieving were both in QLD so I really could only afford the $ to fly up for one (Dally won out). 2016 is interesting as the agility is in May in SA and the retrieving is in Sept in NSW. Both doable from Vic. I really want to do the retrieving and agility will be the optional extra. I'll see how Zig is traveling too...it's a long way to run just Em and my pup won't be ready.

I am probably doing the nationals next year, if so, it will be my first "interstate" nationals so that is exciting! I have a camping site booked and will drive down with dog trailer and everyone along for the ride but I'm just running Quinn all my others are retired now. No idea what Mr Quinn will think about the different tire, but not expecting too many issues, especially if I get a chance to show him one before we trial. Its a shame people make so much fuss over everything, I try to avoid the heated discussions on FB, just relax, enjoying running my dog and seeing competitiors from all around the country :)