Goals For 2015/2016

Willowlane

What do you want to achieve with you best friend/friends in the next 6-12months?

For me my ultimate goal is to compete Willow at Sydney Royal Easter Show next year but before then I want to continue our showing journey learning as much as we can from lots of different people but especially her breeder and family. I want to compete all around NSW experiencing the different environments you can show in and the different judges you come across. I want to do it with my mum and husband and have a blast doing it with them and when im bold enough on my own. Most of all I want to enjoy having a good time with my dog though and thats the most important thing for me.

With Maple my cocker spaniel I want to continue her training with K9Pro to help her become more confident around other dogs and stop the barking. I want to start obedience and just have fun with my gorgeous girl.

So lets talk goals....big small...doesn't matter :D

I have a few goals, some for my dog, some for me and some for us both.

My biggest goal is to get her to a point where she is no longer reactive around other dogs, is calm around people and our relationship is a happy and fun one. I would then like to get her started in some low level obedience and also tracking, with the intention of getting her titled as she has an excellent nose.

Getting us both into tracking is a baby step really as the next pup I plan on getting (when she is ready) will be from working lines and I intend on doing formal obedience as well as training it up to be a search and rescue dog! Very excited about this. Also considering cadaver dog training aswell.

Then for me personally I will be starting the NDTF course next year. Having adopted Bonnie from the RSPCA last year has opened my eyes to so many things and honestly has reignited my passion for being alive, prior to getting her I was going through a very tough time mentally and I feel more full of life now than I ever have! Being able to help people with their dogs one day has become my ultimate goal as I know how hard it can be and want to give people the results they often times need desperately. I also want to educate the community, especially kids, on responsible pet ownership and how to interact with dogs safely.

So yeah...a few big goals there, lol! But you can never stop learning and have to believe in yourself :)

I had some more goals for this year, but I've had some set backs this year with moving, starting a new uni degree etc. So now for this year, more shows and enter our first Rally O trial soon (looking at September), and hopefully CCD by the end of the year if we get our group stays together. Crazy dog still needs to calm his farm a bit more so agility is being pushed back to next year I think laugh.gif

Graduate from doggie rehab (cough obedience and life skills class cough)

Start the advanced skills class - non competitive agility, tricks etc

Have her confidence up around strangers - coming along well

Help her to not be so fearful of dogs and able to politely walk past other dogs while walking or hiking

Go to the snow!

Go to a beach!

Amazing recall so she can go offlead and run!

Teach her a super secret handshake ;)

Get better at taking pictures of her :p

Get her stupid NSW microchip updated to my nane so we can road trip through nsw without worrying she'd be taken back to the pound it's in! (This is hard when they're so uncommunicative! Doing a stat dec change of ownership :/ )

So not major dog comps but good (achievable!) goals for her I think!

Well Jake already got in the same photo as another dog and that was kind of a lifetime goal. I think my new goal will be to get him to sniff another dog, there will need to be a fence but a friendly sniff and interest will be a huge milestone. Plus not look at me like he's never, ever seen his bell before when I ask him to do tricks at training.

CK - keep him happy and healthy and manage his arthritis so I can let him have a little bit of fun on sequences at training. His smile when he gets to play is one of the hilights of my week. :)

Xena - Keep her sound and continue to trial in agility. She's turning 10 next year so we don't have a lot of time left (although our vet things 2 or 3 years, I'm not so sure.) Keep working on our relationship and her understanding of verbals when she's aroused. LOL.

Wikki - keep heading on the same path we are and keep making ground on the fast dogs (her older sister!!)

Snap - continue his training and start trialling with a sound, super fast, super drivey maniac!!

KEEP HAVING FUN AND NOT SWEATING THE SMALL STUFF!!

I'm currently doing the NDTF course so I want to complete that so that's a personal goal of mine. For my old boy I just want him to be happy and healthy :) And hopefully in a couple of months maybe bringing home a new four legged family member that I have been waiting years for :D

My goal for my male golden retriever Axel is to be non reactive towards strange people and dogs. Today he had his appointment with delta dogs mildura behaviourist. She said his not that bad really considering some of his littermates she has meet are more aggerssive. She showed me what to do when other people and dogs are around so I'll be doing that, She also reccomended me to take him for walks on his own for him to gain his own confindence. So thats my goal for now.

• 1 month later...

Original post In 12 months time I want my new pup to be ready for trialling. She should be okay; she's pretty smart. I have only had her for a few weeks though :D

Just wondering how others are going with these goals and of course I want to post how my girl is going. She has been promoted up one obedience level, so I have three to go to meet my goal. :)

Edited to include my original post.

Edited by sarsaparilla

Get our brand new Flyball club up & running and competing in our first competition before the end of the year :)

What timing for this thread to get bumped up, the last two weekends our new flyball club competed in their first and second flyball competitions. All the dogs in the team excelled themselves and the people in the club are just such fun and will step in and help wherever it's needed.

We have set a club PB of 19.959 seconds and I look forwards to working as a team to beat this in future competitions.

Here is a video of one of races from Saturday, we are the team in the left lane in the purple and yellow :)

Edited by ~Rumour~

My goals with Seven this year was to get her ET title and have a litter of puppies.

Unfortunately she resorbed her puppies, which was so disappointing at the time.

I decided to self medicate :D and really go for it with our herding training and trialling and last weekend we exceeded what we ever dreamed of achieving this year.

Seven gained 2 herding titles last weekend - HSBs and HSAd. This makes her the first Rotti in the country to hold both these titles and she is only 3 and a half.

Her passes included several class wins, a judges encouragement award and she also took our High In Trial over two Types of Stock. We were over the moon :thumbsup:

She also gained 2 HSNs passes and 1 HSNd pass. We still have 2 more trials this year and opportunities to gain these titles as well.

Here is a video of Seven's HSBs title run. We mucked up the direction of the sheep around the post, but corrected it and just lost points :)

Photo courtesy of Karen Edwards, taken during our HSAd run

2016 will hopefully bring us some puppies, a Breed Survey which will give Seven her NRC(a) title and some more herding titles. We will also be trialling in Weight Pull and hopefully hit the Obedience ring.

post-27202-0-64155500-1442445478_thumb.jpg

Edited by Starkehre

• 6 months later...

In 12 months time I want my new pup to be ready for trialling. She should be okay; she's pretty smart. I have only had her for a few weeks though :D

Bumping this up because I want to boast. :)

Goal achieved. My girl (registered name Beatrix Mary) has made it to the trialling class at the training club I attend with a few months to spare. Her first trial will be in a week and a half. I am very proud of her.

How has everyone else gone?