I'm So Excited

Kirislin

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suppose it never ever harms a breed to have fresh genes added to the pool, no.matter how common! She's very cute! Fluffier than I realised!

Yeah I think this is probably the case. There's plenty of GSD's around but still being imported :)

I suppose it never ever harms a breed to have fresh genes added to the pool, no.matter how common! She's very cute! Fluffier than I realised!

Yeah I think this is probably the case. There's plenty of GSD's around but still being imported :)

Yep, there were a few there yesterday. Lots of dogs are being imported all the time. Afghans are probably one of the less common.

I'm thinking Affie, but an import :confused: .

Pretty pup.

why the sad face?

Its not a sad face , its a confused ine.

I didn't realise affies were so unusual that theyre imported? I'd say thats what the face was about.

Dogs dont have to be unusual to be imported. I would dearly love to be able to afford to import a whippet, and I probably wouldn't even want to show it.

Edited by Kirislin

Guest Clover

I'm thinking Affie, but an import :confused: .

Pretty pup.

why the sad face?

Its not a sad face , its a confused ine.

I didn't realise affies were so unusual that theyre imported? I'd say thats what the face was about.

Yes confused why one would import an Affie when they are available here.

She is a pretty pup though.

• 2 weeks later...

OK, so I'm having a smug little brag now. :bottom: I had Mittens and Woody and their Mum stay overnight last weekend. Mittens is settling in well by all accounts and I hear has already left her mark.....on a few things around the house.

Another friend came for the day so we had 10 dogs here for a while. Here she is having her first introduction to a show slip.

20659451162_ea5539f65e_c.jpgIMG_2290_1 by kirislin, on Flickr

9 other dogs running loose at the time. Woody thought a brace would be a good idea

20642397656_5b91c11ca3_c.jpgIMG_2293_1 by kirislin, on Flickr

then it was all, "what about ME, Look at ME"

20642390266_0c52b38040_c.jpgIMG_2295_1 by kirislin, on Flickr

Dont look at her, look at my magnificent ears!!

20675361641_afefa907bb_c.jpgIMG_2296_1 by kirislin, on Flickr

Yes confused why one would import an Affie when they are available here.

Dogs are imported to add to the gene pool usually. I'm importing frozen semen for the same reason

I agree, I was a bit surprised that someone would be confused as to why a person would import a dog. There much more common breeds than Afghans still being imported for the same reason.