Holistic Vets In Melbourne

Ci

Hi,

Does anyone know or can recommend a Holistic vet in the South East suburbs of Melbourne.

I found one in Bentleigh but don't know if she is still there.

I am near South Yarra. Am happy to travel if vet is highly recommended.

Just found out a friend takes her dog there for allergies!

She said vet relies alittle too much on Chinese medicine without exploring supplements but that she is amazing at what she does.

My guys don't seem to respond as well to Chinese medicines as they do to supplements

but it won't hurt to go and see what she has to say.

I'd like to recommend Anne Neville at East West. The Chinese herbals have worked well for some of my dogs and not others. Anne is happy to work with only conventional veterinary medicine if that is your preference. Anne's clinic also provides acupuncture and osteo. I have found Anne's expertise in the palliative field has been a tremendous support to both me and my dogs that have benefited from it.

• 3 weeks later...

Saw Ann Neville. Not completely convince as yet. She is not very good at listening! I said we were there for dietary advice and not once did she ask me what he is eating at the moment. I had to ask her what she would suggest towards end of consult. Will have to see how we go!

Ci sorry you found this with Ann. Ann sat and discussed my girls problem with me for ages and she certainly listened to what I had to say.

You never feel as though you are being pushed out the door there.

What sort of supplements are you thinking she should be giving you? The Chinese herbs are basically in many cases supplements depending on the condition.

I don't know if Sara is still there but maybe you could try her and see if you get n an better with her.

Haven't completely discussed supplements as she is doing the hair test to see what's best for him and that will take two weeks apparently.

We did discuss K9 Immunity which she had no idea what it was and was surprised when I said it's dried mushroom. She said you have to use mine it's human grade. I said so is this one. And we discussed Cucurrim which she wants to put him on and I said no way, gave him half a capsule and he got Gastro and was sick for two weeks and his vet and several other holistic people told me to use Turmeric GP as Cucurrim is too strong for dogs. She said I used the wrong one and showed me hers. I said that's what I use and she said we'll let's see what the tests come back with.

There was a few others things. Maybe she was having a bad day but I got quite annoyed. The only time she took anything I said on board was when I went quiet and didn't speak because I knew I was wasting my breathe.

But I am no more in the clear about diet than before. The only thing we discuss about rice was because I brought it up. She has no idea what he is even eating at the momen. My normal vet was more informative about holistic advise and diet.

But will give her til the test results and see what she comes back with.

Edited by Ci