Ridgeback X Stray Dog Taken To Hawkesbury Pound

Hi all, Yesterday while I was taking my cat the vet in Penrtih/ Nepean a young chap brought it the skinniest saddest looking dog I have ever seen.

I started talking to the guy and the vet nurse, the guy had found the dog the previous day wandering the streets and brought her in to see if she was chipped.

Vet nurse checked for chip and confirmed that she had one, she was listed as Ridgeback x and that the dog had been brought in to same vet clinic for same reasons..found wondering the street and starving. She said the dog was 8 years old..to me she was the size of a adolescent pup. I Think she said her name was bella...or something starting with b

The guy that brought her in wanted to adopt her and was absolutely in love with her.

Yesterday arvo when I went to pick my cat up a different nurse said that the council had already picked her up and she was taken to pound. Hopefully this means the owners are surrendering her and she can have a chance at a life without misery.

Last night as I fed, played with and tucked my furry babies into bed this poor girls eyes were haunting me..they were so big and beautiful but so very sad :(

Does anyone have any info on her, I know some of you work closely with HP pound. I would like to donate some money towards her rescue..i don't have much but would still like to help.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

xx

Thanks I will check out the FB page.

How is Tara cat doing? Hearing and seeing her storey all those years ago broke me heart. I remember the outcome was that she went to live with a vet friend of yours.

I hope she is well and living out the rest of her days free and happy.

xx

I rang the pound and they have no record of this dog! The lady I spoke to said that if the dog was chipped (which she was because the vet nurse scanned her and that's how we knew she was 8 and listed as Ridgeback cross, she also commented that she had been brought in to the clinic on another occasion that she remembered after again being found in that state by a member of the public) that she probably juts took the dog home.

This dog was deathly skinny you could see every bone in her body, and unless she was missing and roaming the streets for weeks she is probably being uncared for by her owners....

Don't know what else I can do...but I just cant get the image of her out of my head.

Is it actually possible that the ranger took her home? Even though she was chipped shouldn't she have gone to the pound??

Thanks I will check out the FB page.

How is Tara cat doing? Hearing and seeing her storey all those years ago broke me heart. I remember the outcome was that she went to live with a vet friend of yours.

I hope she is well and living out the rest of her days free and happy.

xx

She is thriving! :cheer: funny little girl. I was rehabbing her on behalf of another rescue because I'm a sucker for special needs but I like to think she chose me LOL. And they decided to permanently place her with a lovely lovely lovely couple who quizzed me aaalllll about her and asked for the photo record. The thread is gone now :( But I'll always have a spot for her in my heart. :heart: Couldn't have hoped for a better outcome.

I rang the pound and they have no record of this dog! The lady I spoke to said that if the dog was chipped (which she was because the vet nurse scanned her and that's how we knew she was 8 and listed as Ridgeback cross, she also commented that she had been brought in to the clinic on another occasion that she remembered after again being found in that state by a member of the public) that she probably juts took the dog home.

This dog was deathly skinny you could see every bone in her body, and unless she was missing and roaming the streets for weeks she is probably being uncared for by her owners....

Don't know what else I can do...but I just cant get the image of her out of my head.

Is it actually possible that the ranger took her home? Even though she was chipped shouldn't she have gone to the pound??

They may have taken her home to the owners which is a shame but we don't know if things are going on behind the scenes re welfare action of if the dog is struggling with illness.

Normally I wouldn't suggest randomly contacting an AWL Officer - Animal Welfare League, same powers as RSPCA - but maybe you should just for a chat and peace of mind. Nobody can give you private info of current investigations (if there is one) but maybe it will help you make sense of things or they may give the vet a bell about the outcome. :)